Keyword

Toolbar Won't Collapse

• John G. Walter
  • John G. Walter's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #65875 by John G. Walter
Toolbar Won't Collapse was created by John G. Walter
I am unable to get the toolbar at the top of this post, to collapse completely. I've looked through all of the settings in both items & categories, but after hiding all of the tools that would appear there, the white background bar remains.

johngwalter.com/main-street-bridge-painesville-ohio

Short of deleting the code from the k2.css (line 157), which of course would cause me problems on pages where I would like to display the tools, any idea?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #65876 by Kit
Replied by Kit on topic Re: Toolbar Won't Collapse
You could go into your /components/com_k2/css/k2.css and change the div.itemToolbar from

• John G. Walter
More
12 years 4 months ago #65877 by John G. Walter
Replied by John G. Walter on topic Re: Toolbar Won't Collapse

Kit wrote: You could go into your /components/com_k2/css/k2.css and change the div.itemToolbar from

More
12 years 4 months ago #65878 by Kit
Replied by Kit on topic Re: Toolbar Won't Collapse
Sorry, I thought your question was to give you an idea of how to make the white bar not show up when nothing is in it. My mistake, apparently.

There are 2 ways to make the background disappear completely, fairly easily:

1. don't modify but delete the k2 css line that was previously mentioned. The modification already mentioned would make it look like it's disappearing when empty and reappear when there's something in it, but you're not wanting that, I take it?

or

2. delete that section in your original template php.

Slightly harder is to write a new javascript that would make it disappear/reappear.

If your question is: "will the bar that is currently showing up as white completely collapse when nothing is in it and reappear when something is in it?" the answer is no. Not without writing additional javascript, due to the way the css is written. If you want the white bar to not show up when nothing is in it, that's already been answered.

• John G. Walter
More
12 years 4 months ago #65879 by John G. Walter
Replied by John G. Walter on topic Re: Toolbar Won't Collapse

Kit wrote: Sorry, I thought your question was to give you an idea of how to make the white bar not show up when nothing is in it. My mistake, apparently.

There are 2 ways to make the background disappear completely, fairly easily:

1. don't modify but delete the k2 css line that was previously mentioned. The modification already mentioned would make it look like it's disappearing when empty and reappear when there's something in it, but you're not wanting that, I take it?

or

2. delete that section in your original template php.

Slightly harder is to write a new javascript that would make it disappear/reappear.

If your question is: "will the bar that is currently showing up as white completely collapse when nothing is in it and reappear when something is in it?" the answer is no. Not without writing additional javascript, due to the way the css is written. If you want the white bar to not show up when nothing is in it, that's already been answered.

Thanks very much, that answers my question. And, presents a couple of design possibilities, one of which should work.

More
12 years 2 months ago #65880 by Harshala Fashions
Replied by Harshala Fashions on topic Re: Toolbar Won't Collapse
Hi,

I added the following css rule to my template's css.

/* Added the following code to get rid of the K2's itemtoolbar hr */
div.itemToolbar
{padding:2px 0;margin:16px 0 0 0;background:#FFE7A8;
border-top:0px dotted #ccc;border-bottom:0px dotted;}

Of course, you will have to change the background color as per your requirement.

It works :)