Keyword

New to K2, got a few probs...

• Benny Braun
  • Benny Braun's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 4 months ago #65956 by Benny Braun
New to K2, got a few probs... was created by Benny Braun
Hi Guys,
I'm new to K2 and I got a few problems. I'm using a GAVICK Template my problems:

- How does the Tag Cloud work? Do I have to enter every single Word? I've allready tried it and activated it in the settings, but norhing happened I wanted to have the tags unter the articles

- I' using the K2 content module to show my "Top articles", but look at the picture, there must be a design error where can I change the layout?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #65957 by Kit
Replied by Kit on topic Re: New to K2, got a few probs...
I'm not sure about the top articles thing, but I can help with the tag cloud.

In order for the tag cloud to work, you need to:
1. create a few tags. You can do this in the backend either by going to components -> k2 -> tags, click "new" and create a tag; or when you're entering your item, under the category dropdown there's a spot to enter a tag then click "add."
2. Once you have tags to choose from, when entering an article, you can choose from your available tags and add them to the "selected tags" area. They'll now show up under your item.
3. Now activate the tag cloud module. To do this, go to your module manager. Duplicate a "k2 tools" module, then open it. Change your title, choose a position, and under "Basic Options" you'll see a dropdown list next to "Select module functionality." Choose "tag cloud." Down further on the right you'll see a section named "Tag Cloud Settings" where you can make adjustments.
3. The tag will be larger, comparable to the other tag words in the tag cloud, if there are more items with that tag. When people click on the tag word, they'll go to a page listing all those items with that tag. You can choose options for that if you go to the k2 parameters popup. Under "layouts & views" you'll see a section named "Layout & view options for tag listings."

• Benny Braun
  • Benny Braun's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 4 months ago #65958 by Benny Braun
Replied by Benny Braun on topic Re: New to K2, got a few probs...
Thx, that was really nice! Easy and well explained, thx a lot!!