Keyword

Re: Simple Image Gallery Pro alternative

• Max Cox
  • Max Cox's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 4 months ago #66068 by Max Cox

modernmagic wrote: WOW!!

I would love this plugin so I don't have to keep telling clients that they have to zip files for uploading into SIGpro.

Anyone have any experience with the plugin?

Yep, I had the same issue with my website. Some of the users had no clue as to how to zip files. Also there is an issue, that some of thumbnails don't show if filename contains space (well at least I had some issues with SIGpro). All tough SIGpro works well if you know what you are doing.

However I tried above mentioned alternative coded by Andrey. Big thumbs up to the guy. Basically it allows you to add images one by one. You can upload them directly from your PC or you can use your images folder on a server. I have tested YouJoomla's similar multiple image uploading tool for K2, but there you had to upload images to server and only then you could insert them into your K2 items. So basically all users end up using the same folder.

Also Andrey impressed me with his swift reply. Because I had little issue with my template. I emailed him around midnight (which is 2-3AM in Russia) and received answer 6hrs later. Problem solved. I asked him about another completely to his product unrelated feature (i.e. limiting K2 items number) and he is trying to help me out with that too.

OK, hope this helps others to decide whether they need this plugin.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.