Keyword

Auto Group Images in K2 item

• Odin Mayland
  • Odin Mayland's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
More
12 years 4 months ago #66270 by Odin Mayland
Auto Group Images in K2 item was created by Odin Mayland
Is there a way to have images in the Content area appear in the same modal window that the K2 Item Image appears in?

This would be similar to SIGPro's popups that show all the images in a gallery view.

I am assuming I will be editing my override at MYTEMPLATE/html/com_k2/templates/media/item.php

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Odin Mayland
  • Odin Mayland's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #66271 by Odin Mayland
Replied by Odin Mayland on topic Re: Auto Group Images in K2 item
I figured it out.

FIRST: I used a template override for the cateogry_item.php (/templates/rt_diametric/html/com_k2/templates/media/category_item.php)

Around line 112, Replace:
www.nonumber.nl/extensions/modalizer  in order to get the Shadowbox scripts to load.  If I knew how to add shadowbox on its own I would.  ALTERNATIVELY: you can skip the FIRST step above if you buy the PRO version of Modalizer which has an "Auto Group" function that will create the modal gallery without the k2 overrides.

RESULT: Now when the user clicks on a K2 Item image in the category view a shadowbox modal window appears with navigation between all the K2 Item Images on that page.

Here is the page under construction:
50.116.122.123/~drjill/index.php?option=com_k2&view=itemlist&layout=category&task=category&id=20&Itemid=211

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.