Keyword

K2 (Sub-)Templating Using Different Templates

• Casimir de Bruijn
  • Casimir de Bruijn's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #66275 by Casimir de Bruijn
K2 (Sub-)Templating Using Different Templates was created by Casimir de Bruijn
So, I've read about (sub-)templating in this article on your website and it at least got me going with my first template, but I can't seem to get more templates working in the K2 backend by using this method on more of my templates.
For instance, in my case my template folder structure looks like this:

/templates/TEMPLATE1/html/com_k2

/templates/TEMPLATE2/html/com_k2

All the way up to TEMPLATE11. Now, following that tutorial, the first template I edited was TEMPLATE1 (yeah, obvious indeed) and I copied the "default" folder renaming it like "TEMPLATE1". Doing the same for TEMPLATE2 didn't give me satisfactory results, as I can't see the template in my K2 backend selection.

The thing is, these templates have only (for now) been edited CSS-wise to add more color options for article titles, links, etc. These are not completely different templates, only differing based on color combinations (just your good ol' hexacolors #000000 etc) so that it may work as Joomla! templates too, making the modules in the menu's look properly.

The issue here is that opening items via the frontpage results in different styles being applied to the items, just because I've chosen different templates for the frontpage and the individual menus. I just want to make individual items 'inherit' the templates from the menus (or, in this case, categories) they were placed in.

Maybe I'm missing an obvious solution, I don't know. Hopefully you guys can help me out here.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.