Keyword

Rearranging the layout in the K2 item pages

• Reza Dehghani
  • Reza Dehghani's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 4 months ago #66306 by Reza Dehghani
Rearranging the layout in the K2 item pages was created by Reza Dehghani
I was wondering how I would be able to move the video player right beneath the writing content and the facebook comments to the bottom of the page (below the TAGGED UNDER section). I tried re-arranging the orders in the plugin section but no luck. Here's an example of what I mean: mixedaudio.com/index.php/genres/house/item/142-teenage-crime-adrian-lux-thomas-gold-preview

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #66307 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: Rearranging the layout in the K2 item pages
Take a look at templating in the documentation section above. Create your override directory and edit item.php in it. Then select the template in the category you are working with.

More
12 years 4 months ago #66308 by Ibrahim
As William said it's the best way to use the override and then you can rearrange anything as you want. It's not too hard. Everything is surrounded by the div tag. So you just take the specific peace of cod and move it as you want. Take care about clear divs. And later you need some small changes in css file.

• Reza Dehghani
More
12 years 4 months ago #66309 by Reza Dehghani
Replied by Reza Dehghani on topic Re: Rearranging the layout in the K2 item pages
Thanks for the help guys. I'm just a beginner here so I was just wondering how I can add the override directory in the item.php and once I create the override, how would I need to construct it. Would you guys know any tutorials online that show this process? Thanks

• Reza Dehghani
More
12 years 4 months ago #66310 by Reza Dehghani
Replied by Reza Dehghani on topic Re: Rearranging the layout in the K2 item pages
Also if anyone is kind enough to help me out with the code, I will pay via paypal in return!

More
12 years 4 months ago #66311 by william white

• Kannan Naidu Venugopal
  • Platinum Member
  • Aham Brahmasmi
More
12 years 4 months ago #66312 by Kannan Naidu Venugopal
Replied by Kannan Naidu Venugopal on topic Re: Rearranging the layout in the K2 item pages
Hi Reza Dehghani,

You can read the tutorial link that William White gave you or post at "Seeking professional (paid) services for K2?" getk2.org/community/Seeking-professional-%28paid%29-services-for-K2

K2 Rocks \m/