Keyword

Will K2 clash with other JReviews & JomSocial?

• Peter Anthony Gales
  • Peter Anthony Gales's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 4 months ago #66482 by Peter Anthony Gales
Will K2 clash with other JReviews & JomSocial? was created by Peter Anthony Gales
Hi,
I'm creating a review site using the JReviews for Joomla extension. I'm new to Joomla so I don't know how things work together.

I want to create a blog on my review site and I've downloaded EasyBlog but I'm really disappointed with the look of it. The site would operate like a yelp.com and the blog would be an item on the main menu.

When you click on the blog menu item you would enter the blog which would have it's own navigation. Either the main menu remains visible (over the blog menu) or the main menu disappears with the exception of Home (haven't decided yet).

Can k2 do that? Will it play well with jreviews and Jomsocial?

Appreciate your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Carla Kaiser Chalmers
More
12 years 4 months ago #66483 by Carla Kaiser Chalmers
Replied by Carla Kaiser Chalmers on topic Re: Will K2 clash with other JReviews & JomSocial?
Hi Peter,

I am using K2, JReviews & JomSocial on horsetravelusa.com We have just officially launched the site and so far we aren't having any difficulties.

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #66484 by Albert
The work together. You can even make a blog with Jreviews since it is a CCK. It doesn't have the bells and whistles like easyblog, but it would be one less extension to use (assuming you will be the only one blogging)

• Peter Anthony Gales
More
12 years 4 months ago #66485 by Peter Anthony Gales
Replied by Peter Anthony Gales on topic Re: Will K2 clash with other JReviews & JomSocial?
Thanks Carla. Reassuring to hear. Interesting business by the way.

• Peter Anthony Gales
More
12 years 4 months ago #66486 by Peter Anthony Gales
Replied by Peter Anthony Gales on topic Re: Will K2 clash with other JReviews & JomSocial?
Thanks Al. I wanted to hold off on Easyblog as K2 appears to offer everything I want for a blog, but my challenge is I have no idea how to use K2 to build a blog within my Review site. I just posted the question to see if anyone can point me to the right documentation on how to do that.