Keyword

List Layout (example inside)

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #66490 by Sarah
List Layout (example inside) was created by Sarah
Hi there all. I love to travel and will be blogging about all the different parks i visit from all over the world.. how do i get a list layout like this (link below), is it possible? can i do this in the core or is there an extension that i can get that will do this.

I want it to look much like this: layed out like a list
www.mapdango.com/parks/regions

Thank you and i await your response.
Sarah

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #66491 by Peter Grube
Replied by Peter Grube on topic Re: List Layout (example inside)
Hi Lisa, I am pretty sure you can do this easily in K2, I would try creating A Category Parks then a Category Regions as a Sub-Category of Parks then creat the rest of the cats (Intermountain, Pacific West etc.) as Sub-Categories of Parks. Then create items for each category.

To display the same as your link Create Joomla Menu Item (K2 Category view) for the Parks Category.
And in K2 adjust Category item layout to suit making sure that in Other layout options - Catalogue mode is set to no. Also in Sub-category handling make sure Sub-category title is set to show. (For some reason these titles are not displaying on my development site, I just made a post about this issue, but I figure this setting wouldn't exist if it didn't work.)

Hope this helps Pete.

More
12 years 3 months ago #66492 by Sarah
Replied by Sarah on topic Re: List Layout (example inside)
(K2 Category view) does not exist in the menu! can you please use www.screenr.com and show me? can record up to 5 minutes free each video!
thanks