Keyword

K2 login module suddenly appearing on every page

• FlyingScot
  • FlyingScot's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #66540 by FlyingScot
Not sure what I did. The login module was working great on the correct category and item pages. Now, after upgrading to the latest K2 version it appears on every page if it is set to published and completely ignores all of my module assignments. The biggest problem is I have a section of published magazines that are presented in an iwrapper format and I need the full width of the site. But now the login module shows up no matter what I do on the module assignment section.

Has anyone else had this problem and if so what was your solution?

T.I.A

totalhealthmagazine.com is the site.

I've disabled the module for the time being as I have too much traffic going to the magazine section. Hopefully someone can respond on this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #66541 by Katharina
I'm not shure if this fixes your problem. But it is said that the K2 Login Module will no longer be suppported. You should use the K2 User Module instead (K2 User - singular, K2 Users is a different module).

• FlyingScot
  • FlyingScot's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 4 months ago #66542 by FlyingScot
Hi Katharina. I believe I am using the the K2 User log in module. This is the module description:

K2 User is a better version of the Joomla! login module. Use it to display a login box for your users. When users are logged in, they see the user block (toolbar), which allows them to perform tasks like: add/edit K2 items (based on their access rights), moderate comments to their items (again, based on their access rights), update their personal details (profile) and quickly access all their published items (the user page/blog). This module replaces the 'K2 Login' module in v2.5 and later. If you are using the 'K2 Login' module, please make sure you replace it with this one. In v2.6 of K2, the 'K2 Login' module will be permanently removed from the K2 extension package.

So it appears I am using the correct module. I spent another hour on the configuration again today....still no luck. Darn frustrating.