Keyword

METADATA, item keywords not showing in source

• Christophe BERTRAND
  • Christophe BERTRAND's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 4 months ago #66685 by Christophe BERTRAND
METADATA, item keywords not showing in source was created by Christophe BERTRAND
Hi,

I use Joomla 2.5.4 + K2 2.5.7

I noticed that if I looked in the source of my K2 items/articles the metadata informations was not appearing.

The keywords and description showing up is the one of the category in which the item is.
But the keywords and the metadata description of the article itself is not appearing !

Would anyone know why ?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #66686 by theandygram
Replied by theandygram on topic Re: METADATA, item keywords not showing in source
I am experiencing the exact same problem. The meta data that shows up on a page is whatever is listed in the meta data in the menu items as opposed to something that is indicated at the item level.

This has killed my site traffic and only started to happen with the upgrade to 2.5.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Andy

More
11 years 9 months ago #66687 by Peter Grube
Replied by Peter Grube on topic Re: METADATA, item keywords not showing in source
Hi guys,

I have only just began to look at the seo of my site, ie i have no meta tags in category, menu, or item, I just checked a few pages using Meta Checker
and I was a bit surprised to see that it was adding my description tagsfrom each item automatically, which can be quite time saving.

Anyway I then tried adding desc & key tags to the Item, I checked and it picked them up straight away, so my thinking is try removing them from menu & category see what happens. (clear site & browser cache also)