Keyword

Automatic resize media on iPhone/Android version

• Morten Haave
  • Morten Haave's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 4 months ago #66691 by Morten Haave
Hello
I have some problems with my mobile version of www.kristendesign.net/kunder/nyfrelst

The media (video) is to large on my iphone and android version because i have set the video with to 800 x 450 px (in the category setting ->item view).

What can I do to automatically resize the videos to fit android and iphone?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #66692 by Kit
I didn't see a video, but if you're talking about the slideshow at the top, there are a couple of options. One is to disable it completely for mobile usage. The other is to make it resize for mobile usage, which may be a pain, since people won't really be able to see it well at that size, anyway. Neither of these are guaranteed to work with 100% of mobile browsers, since there are so many of them, and different ones read different kinds of code, but it is the standard.

To resize:
rather than put an exact px size for the slideshow, make it a %. This may or may not work, depending on how your back end settings work with your template. There are other ways to do it, directly modifying the code, but I'd have to poke around for a bit to find out where exactly that little snippet is.

To disable it:
1. make a file and call it "handheld.css"
2. put the file here: /kunder/nyfrelst/templates/rt_clarion/css/
3. in the file, type

• Morten Haave
  • Morten Haave's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 3 months ago #66693 by Morten Haave
Replied by Morten Haave on topic Re: Automatic resize media on iPhone/Android version
Hello
And thank you for your reply. I'm sorry that I didn't give you the direct link to a page with a video:

www.kristendesign.net/kunder/nyfrelst/index.php/jesushistorie/item/2-daniel

I tried to enter % instead of pixels in default jw_allvideos.php - it caused the whole website to not show.
Thank you also for the tip to disable the mobile version, this I can easily do in the template manager. But I hope I'll get a solution on this problem.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #66694 by Kit
Yeah, you can't do a % with a video, just slideshows, images, etc. :lol:

I can't tell from looking at it if you have both the iframe (actual video) and avPlayerContainer (where the video sits) set at 800px wide (which is what's showing when I look at it) or if your template is doing one or both of those settings.

Let's try something & see if it works. If it doesn't, if you can take a pic of what's going on, it may help figure it out correctly.

Do exactly what the previous instructions before were, except, instead of the ".layout-slideshow" stuff, put this in instead: