Keyword

Item view counter - only unique views

• Nandee
  • Nandee's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #66695 by Nandee
Hello everyone,

I have been using K2 for some time now, and I'm really satisfied with it, it's simple and has all the missing features from the Joomla article system. I can customize it any way I want, I was even able to create a video gallery with little tweaks.
However, I have one little question. As my site is a video gallery site, it's important for the view counter, to reflect a real number of users that view a video. Now everytime someone refreshes an article (video) page, the view counter increases. My question is that is it possible somehow, to make it only display unique views (like e.g. on YouTube)? I would be really grateful if someone could help me with it. Thank you in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Nandee
  • Nandee's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 3 months ago #66696 by Nandee
Replied by Nandee on topic Re: Item view counter - only unique views
So can anybody help me? I've even written to the K2 team, but they haven't answered either. The "Contact us" form says: "For support on K2, please use the Community Forum." However, it looks like I can't get any help anywhere. That's not what I would expect from the creators of such a great component (or the community using it).

More
11 years 4 months ago #66697 by Gixto
Replied by Gixto on topic Re: Item view counter - only unique views
Hello, I would like to have an answer for this as well. Thank you.

More
11 years 4 months ago #66698 by jean-philippe
Replied by jean-philippe on topic Re: Item view counter - only unique views
Hi Nandee,
Hi Gixto,

To modify the counter for your viewing video... you can *hack* the K2 Core component , Or maybe create a K2 plugin and use a "JSession" and set +1 view if your session variable doesn't exist and "+0" or "nothing" if your session variable exist.

Best Regards,
emond, Jean-Philippe

Emond, Jean-Philippe