Keyword

K2 Parameters

More
12 years 4 months ago #66755 by April
K2 Parameters was created by April
K2 Parameters, I want to have a default set of values instead of having to go into each and every article at the time I write one. For example, There are social icons at the bottom of every page, Twitter, g+ and facebook. I can turn them off at the time I create the article, however I would like to have all of that turned off as a default rather than have to do it every time.

Also this is the same for the author, There is always an avatar and link to the author, again I turn it off each and every time, However I would rather have it turned off as a default, and if I want it turned on, then do a manual turn on.

Any Suggestions?

I went into the parameters section, clicked on the 'social tab' and there was no way to turn it off. I went through each and every tab as well to see what I can do to turn it off and I can find any place to do that. It would make sense to have it in the same order as if I was writing the article, that way I can find it easier in the params, but it is different so I am having difficulty with that.

Thanks for all of your help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #66756 by Kit
Replied by Kit on topic Re: K2 Parameters
Go into k2 -> categories on the backend. from there, choose the category that your items are in that you want to change. on the right side, click on "item view options" and make your adjustments there. those will be the defaults for everything in that category.

good luck!

More
12 years 4 months ago #66757 by Chess Dad
Replied by Chess Dad on topic Re: K2 Parameters
The best way to handle parameters that you want common to all/most of your articles is to create a category (I have one called Default Attributes) and set all the parameters the way you want most of your items to have/not have.

When you create a category, there is a box (4th from the top) that says, "Inherit parameter options from category". Choose your default attributes category here. That way, any category you create will automatically inherit the parameters you set in your default. You can always over-ride the inherited parameter by setting it in the category/item itself on a case-by-case basis.

More
12 years 4 months ago #66758 by Uldis
Replied by Uldis on topic Re: K2 Parameters
I was just wondering about same thing.

I do know about parameter inherit, but is there a way to set global defaults ? It would be really great, since some site article manager forget about this function.

Global function setting would be really great.

More
12 years 3 months ago #66759 by Kit
@Uldis:

Both myself & Chris answered this question. It's not a parameter inherit. You have to do it in your categories, not in the parameters.

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #66760 by Uldis
Hey,

I do know about that, but I was wondering about Global category settings.

For example, I don't need google + at all so I would just like it disabled when I create new top level category.
At the moment, when I create a new top level category I must go and change it.
There is no way of setting category parameter defaults.

More
12 years 3 months ago #66761 by Kit
When you create a new category, on the left side you will see the option "Inherit parameter options from category" with a drop-down list. Choose a category where you have everything already set up how you want it. The new category will inherit all the attributes from the chosen category.

More
12 years 3 months ago #66762 by Uldis
I was talking about this option. It is great and I'm using it.

My worries are a bit different. I know that I will never forget to use "Inherit parameter options from category" to display my categories correctly. I'm worried about other users (content managers, etc, who migh forget this option). And that's why I would really like an option to change category view setting globally (like joomla default content manager has), so, when a user forgets to use "Inherit parameter options from category" I would still have the defaults set the way I need it.