Keyword

Greek translation problem

• Constantinos
  • Constantinos's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #66868 by Constantinos
Greek translation problem was created by Constantinos
hi all,
i have installed style council template from joomla xtc, then installed k2 and then the greek lang pack that is 100% translated.

my website translates nothing exept the "written by" and "(0 votes)" values, all other things remain at english language. the weird thing is that when i turn the language to english again and change any value of en-GB translation to anything, all remain the same. nothing changes.

any ideas about this headache?..
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #66869 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: Greek translation problem
If you can edit the english language and you do not see the changes after clearing browzer and reloading page, then their must be something overriding the language files. I would look thru the template and language directories to see if i could find something there

• Constantinos
More
12 years 3 months ago #66870 by Constantinos
Replied by Constantinos on topic Re: Greek translation problem
thank u for ur immidiate reply!

the message from the joomlaxtc in the documentation is this:

"K2 2.0 Theme installation

Unzip the theme_k2_XXX_UNZIP_FIRST.zip file. This will extract a empty folder with the theme name. The folder is empty because all the K2 styling is added to the core JoomlaXTC template folder in the html/ and css/ folders. The empty folder is simply a placeholder in the K2 installation so you are able to select the theme in the backend of K2 Next via FTP upload the themefolder included in the zip file - k2_XXX - to your Joomla Installation -> components/com_k2/templates/
You can now select the K2 theme from the K2 category page."

from my little research ithink i assume some differencies in category_item.php at values translated (written by, 0 votes) and all other vallues...

let me show u by screenshots:

i think at line 71 and line 96 are both the values translated right and have kind of differend structure than all other values that stay untranslated (i think all other values uses "JText" instead of syntax of 2 good translated)

i dont know if this helps..

i also attach u the category_item.php to check it

• Constantinos
More
12 years 3 months ago #66871 by Constantinos
the file in dw in previus file were located at /components/com_k2/templates/default and from joomlaxtc's message i understand that this is the file that translates correct.

because it says that the files that "k2_stylextc"(jommlaxtc custom theme) uses are located in main template files under /css and /html folders.
So i attach u theese files too.
(ill use dots instead of slashes at attached .zips filenames to help u understand the path located)
Attachments:

• Constantinos
More
12 years 3 months ago #66872 by Constantinos
ok, i think i found sthg.

lets take the example of "published in" value.

item.php located at default k2 template uses the value
...echo JText::_('K2_PUBLISHED_IN');...
but the item.php located at k2stylextc template /html folder uses the value
...echo JText::_('Published in');

so i think they uses bare translated value and dont let joomla borrow the value from each lang file..
Bet i have to replace all php files of template to use the hybrid values like 'K2_PUBLISHED_IN'....
Am i right moderator?

More
12 years 3 months ago #66873 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: Greek translation problem
IM not sure, maby someone who knows will give an answer to this thread, i was just guessing according to what was going on