Keyword

Latest Items from category (not subcategories)

More
12 years 3 months ago #66874 by lety
Hi

I have search the forum but found no posts about it.

The thing is, my Home menu links to "Latest items from (one or more) users or categories", and i have it set to show latest items from my MAIN Events category with other subcategories inside of it, the problem comes when the only option to display the number of items is "Maximum number of items per user or category"... including all of the subcategories!!!!

What I want is to display the latest 10 ITEMS from any of the subcategories within my MAIN category as a total and not from each subcategory. I dont care if one subcategoy displays 3 items, another 5 and another 2 of those LATESTs items.

So, my current choice was to display only 2 items per category (aka subcategory) just so that I dont get so many items displayed at the frontpage.. the problem is that if one of those subcategories has no so new items and other subcategories do have newer items than they wont be displayed and I will get 2 items that re not so new (just to point an example) reason why I would love if I could simply display 10 latest items as a whole from the MAIN category

Is there a way to work something around these options?? I really hope I have made myself clear.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.