Keyword

Ugly Edit Item Rectangle Obscuring Page

• Andrew
  • Andrew's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 3 months ago #66931 by Andrew
As you can see in the picture below I have a small problem. I want writers/editors to be able to do front end editing and article submission but I don't want this ugly rectangle smack dab in the middle of the page. There are actually two rectangles, the edit item one and the submit article one is behind it. I want to get rid of both of them but the only way I can see how is take away front end editing, which I don't want. Please help.

Also...ignore the random articles. I'm very new to Joomla and have been trying to experiment with modules/plugins.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Andrew
More
12 years 3 months ago #66932 by Andrew
Replied by Andrew on topic Re: Ugly Edit Item Rectangle Obscuring Page
Some more details. I am using the themexpert template dubbed "mainstream"

Also behind that edit item rectangle there is an add article item rectangle.

Also when I try putting in a K2 User module whenever I go to a user profile it puts a "comments" rectangle on top of the edit item rectangle.

Please help me with this. I'm getting very frustrated. My searches have come up with nothing and I can't find a front end editor that is open source.

More
12 years 3 months ago #66933 by Kit
Andrew,

Can you put a link to your site / page in question so we can poke around a bit? sometimes, it's VERY helpful.

Also, rather than the popup box to edit articles, what do you want to have happen?

• Andrew
More
12 years 3 months ago #66934 by Andrew
Replied by Andrew on topic Re: Ugly Edit Item Rectangle Obscuring Page
Kit, thank you for replying.

The site url is thundergamingleague.com if that doesn't work then try tgl.wjmadden.net/

Instead of that pop up I want something that is out of the way so to speak. either off to the side, at the bottom, or a Menu item. I currently have a submit article menu item but there is not an option for an editing function in the backend when I go to set up menu items.

More
12 years 3 months ago #66935 by Kit
Hmmm. I'm gonna have to bow out of this one, I think. I can't even see the edit popup, nor where to click it. I think it only shows up for a registered user? And when I went to the themexpert mainstream live demo, it REALLY doesn't work on a mac. :angry: That being said, you *should* be able to go into your css and adjust the size and location (an colour, if you wish) of the popup.

Sorry I can't be more help.

Good luck!