Keyword

K2 Calendar Module

More
12 years 3 months ago #67037 by Kim
K2 Calendar Module was created by Kim
Hi,
Sorry if I'm asking this in the wrong section.

I'm trying to use the K2 calendar module to display posts about future events. So rather than the module displaying the date when the post was created, I was wondering if there is a way to set an "event date", either by using the Finish Date or by using an Extra Field.

Or if I'm approaching this in the wrong way and there is a better method I'd be happy to hear your suggestions.

Thanks for your help in advance,
Kim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #67038 by maurice Thibout
Replied by maurice Thibout on topic Re: K2 Calendar Module
Hi

This is exactly what I asked in getk2.org/community/New-to-K2-Ask-here-first!/13427-blog-calendar-for-events-date-not-publication-date

Maybe together we may have more success

cyril

More
12 years 3 months ago #67039 by STEFANIA KIRIOTI
Replied by STEFANIA KIRIOTI on topic Re: K2 Calendar Module
Same need here, i thought of adding 2 fields like start date, end date, the problem is i also want this to be used in calendar module, and in search days module.

More
12 years 3 months ago #67040 by maurice Thibout
Replied by maurice Thibout on topic Re: K2 Calendar Module
So here we are... we were hoping K2 was an easy to use CCK for Joomla but it seems it only is an extended article manager:

1- I can't use K2 to replace most of the extensions (Forms managers, events managers) where other products such as sEBLOD does the job (but much mre complex to master)

2- the CCK approach like Drupal seems to just be an illusion since I cannot create my contents and plug views (such as a calendar here) through the additional field

3- the same issue occurs when you wan't to make your own event localization if you want to display on a single googlemap all the markers of the events (for which each one has an event date)

back to seblod ?

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #67041 by sjsmit
Replied by sjsmit on topic Re: K2 Calendar Module
Cool, I'm looking for something similar!

It would be a great feature to use K2 as an event calendar. I would like to store event info in K2 items and show the upcoming events in the K2 Calendar.

I would rather not use another extension. But if it is not possible with K2, can anyone point out the best alternative from Joomla Extensions: Events & Calendars ?

It would be nice to have an extension that is compatible with Joomfish, K2 search, sh404sef and maybe more...

More
12 years 3 months ago #67042 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Re: K2 Calendar Module
Hi. This cannot be done without writing extra code.

@cyril Thibout
If you find that another extension fits your needs better than K2 then use it. Every extension in the Joomla! community has a reason of existance.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
12 years 3 months ago #67043 by Gabriele Carboni
Replied by Gabriele Carboni on topic Re: K2 Calendar Module
Hi there I've found a possible solution: you can set the CREATION DATE when you want the event to be displayed on the calendar, but you set a START PUBLISHING DATE the day you want the article/item to be visible on the website.