Keyword

Items not displaying

• Tom
  • Tom's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 3 months ago #67086 by Tom
Items not displaying was created by Tom
Hi all,

I've just started to use K2 and I'm having trouble getting new articles (items) to display in categories (they simply aren't showing up!)

This seemingly worked when I imported existing articles from Joomla article content, but ideally I would like to just go straight to the K2 component for adding content.

I suspect that it might be a fairly straightforward settings issue, but for the life of me, can't work out what the issue is.

If it helps, the general structure of the site revolves around a News Portal, whereby several magazine titles are listed as individual categories. I would like to display content from particular categories grouped together, but also have a separate page whereby snippets of the latest content from all are displayed, with a "read more" function for registered users.

Any help gratefully received.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #67087 by Chess Dad
Replied by Chess Dad on topic Re: Items not displaying
I'm not sure by what you mean by not displaying. You will need to create a K2 menu item and then select the item of interest. If you are trying to display your item on the home page, please see this post.

getk2.org/community/New-to-K2-Ask-here-first!/13217-Re-Featured-items-not-showing-up-on-home-page

Regards.

• Tom
  • Tom's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 3 months ago #67088 by Tom
Replied by Tom on topic Re: Items not displaying
Hi Chris,

Many thanks for the response.

I have already set the menus up.

Several are formed as part of the standard category layout... and happily displayed category information, but the information page was suggesting there were 0 articles contained within the category, whereas in the back-end, several had been added, published etc to a particular category.

Same issue with a single page where I have set it to "latest from various categories" - page shows the categories, but no contained contained within.

I've just noticed however, that some items are slowly appearing, but having just tried a couple more new items in a category, these are yet to show up. Could it be a caching issue?

Lastly, on an unrelated note, is it possible to restrict access using K2? Ideally I'd like to show intros to guests, but require a login for the full content of certain categories.

Thanks again.

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #67089 by Greg J
Replied by Greg J on topic Re: Items not displaying
Your issue is remarkably similar to the one I have, described in this post:
getk2.org/community/New-to-K2-Ask-here-first%21/13416-Category-Listing-Not-Working

While you indicate some items have been "slowly appearing", I have not had similar success.

I do have a couple questions:
Who is your web host?
Is Joomla! stored in the root of your website, or is it in a sub- or alternate folder?
Are you using .htaccess to rewrite URLs?

More
12 years 3 months ago #67090 by Bryan Smith
Replied by Bryan Smith on topic Re: Items not displaying - Date Issues??
I'm experiencing something similar here and it is date related. This is why the above poster is saying that things "slowly appear"

I've got over 40 k2 sites going so a bit of experience with it, but still not an expert.

This one site is a J1.5-->2.5.4 upgrade and k2 upgrade. The process was not without some issues.

On this one site if I save a new article it won't be visible for a day or two. I have to reset the day for a day prior for it to start showing. I'm not sure why I'm having date issues though. The server date is set to match correctly.

Anyone else have date issues with new articles?