Keyword

Bands for Hire

• Adam - Bands For Hire
  • Adam - Bands For Hire's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #67246 by Adam - Bands For Hire
Bands for Hire was created by Adam - Bands For Hire
Hello Everyone,

In 2010 we developed the new Bands for Hire website using K2 and it's doing a fantastic job. We also made a few modifications to the item page so that we could use the comments feature as our enquiry form and it works a treat.

K2 makes adding new bands and acts very easy for everyone in the office and I'd highly recommend it to anyone thinking of using it for this type of application.

We're considering an upgrade to 2.5 but I think it's going to be quite a big job with the number of changes we've made to the mods installed. Has anyone else made the transition? Any suggestions, please do let us know.

Bands For hire is a music agency providing bands and musicians in the UK. You can view the site at www.bandsforhire.net
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #67247 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Re: Bands for Hire
Hi. You mean Joomla! 2.5? K2 latest version is exactly the same in both Joomla! 1.5 and 2.5. If you have not hacked any core files then you will have no issues. Otherwise you need to write down all the core modifications and apply them again after the update.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
12 years 1 month ago #67248 by ericwarner
Replied by ericwarner on topic Re: Bands for Hire
Nice looking site

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #67249 by reace
Replied by reace on topic Re: Bands for Hire
I love the look and feel of your website, I would say just by perusing it .. that it must be very successful.
has given me a new look one designing websites using joomla.

few questions, which addons, plugs/modules did you use for the ;
more functions bands slider on the right and the colourful ajax thingy at the bottom of the home page please.

great work, very impressed.

reace.
B)

• Adam - Bands For Hire
  • Adam - Bands For Hire's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 1 month ago #67250 by Adam - Bands For Hire
Replied by Adam - Bands For Hire on topic Re: Bands for Hire
Thanks guys, I really appreciate the positive feedback. Yes, some people can get stuck in a box when using Joomla but it really is like a blank canvas if you want it to be.

I tend to use Gavick's tools whenever possible as they're very well made and free to use. The 'more function bands' module is the 'News Pro' module and the tabs at the bottom is the 'GKtabs' mod. They give you some preset templates although you can pretty much style anything you want to suit your website including the individual tab buttons. Check them out at www.gavick.com/news-show-pro-gk4.html