Keyword

Error message when trying to access Extra Fields

• Sean Carney
  • Sean Carney's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
More
12 years 3 months ago #67298 by Sean Carney
I am trying to edit an item and use the Extra Fields that I defined but keep getting the following error message:

Please select a category first to retrieve its related "Extra Fields"...

It seems to me that this is something others are also having problems with. Can somebody clue me in on a solution. The category IS selected.

Thank you, Sean

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #67299 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: Error message when trying to access Extra Fields
This error is usually shown when the category selected does not have a k2 extra field group assigned to it

• Sean Carney
  • Sean Carney's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
More
12 years 3 months ago #67300 by Sean Carney
Thank you. That is 100% correct. And, what I was not finding was the way to connect a category to the extra fields. I kept thinking I would go an extra field and then connect it to categories. But, that is in fact not how it works. Instead you have to connect a category to an "Extra Fields Group" in the Edit Category screen. And, that Extra Categories Group is in turn connected to Extra Fields.

So, while it was not intuitive it did make sense and works well. They key is that this is NOT referring to the Article Category which is what I kept thinking the message was referring to.