Keyword

links to latest posts on frontpage problem

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #67566 by JJ
K2 is only operating the /blog/ part of my site. When I go to "blog" via the main menu (link type category view) it works just as it should and I can navigate K2 using different modules i set up in a sidebar (modules set to display on the K2 area only.)

However I want to have links on the front page to the latest blog items. I have tried just inserting a content module displaying latest items - this does at first seem to work, it does list the latest items. But when I click on an item from this list I am not taken to the proper link for it. I get a page with the article content with no sidebar and the breadcrumbs are broken. Breadcrumbs says just "Home" and nothing more, where it should say for example "home>blog>sports>soccer". The link doesnt take me to the K2 area of the site, so modules and styling dont appear.

I've experimented with 3rd party modules fetching the latest items from K2 with the same results.

What is the fix for this?

I really appreciate help with this - THANKS! :kiss:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #67567 by Josiah
I'm having the same problem as stated above.

test.toppindesign.ca

As you can see on my page, I have the home page linked to K2 > Categories just like the Blog test menu and Blog, yet the links on the home page don't load with the modules AND the page structure simply states home instead of "home/blog" > "category" > "name of article". Not sure what I need to change, as I need the other modules on my home page too.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.