Keyword

K2 Items disappeared in Admin Panel

• ian robson
  • ian robson's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 3 months ago #67705 by ian robson
K2 Items disappeared in Admin Panel was created by ian robson
The list of categories and items in K2 when accessed from Joomla admin panel is empty. The filters do not work.

The items are all visible on the site
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #67706 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Re: K2 Items disappeared in Admin Panel
In the screenshot you provided you have some filters enabled. Make sure that indeed there are items that match your filters. You can also try to click the clear button.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
12 years 3 months ago #67707 by jaja01
Replied by jaja01 on topic Re: K2 Items disappeared in Admin Panel
I have execlly the same problem. And it's not bcs of filter.
I restart all plugin, imported, have write new category and items and still can't see it on the list. No matter what king of filteres I would choise
Can you found, what can be problem here?

Joomla! 2.5.6
K2 2.5.7

• ian robson
More
12 years 3 months ago #67708 by ian robson
Replied by ian robson on topic Re: K2 Items disappeared in Admin Panel
I've tried multiple and no filter options and none of them reveal any articles, which are visible in the Admin Panel popular items list, from where they can be accessed and edited.

More
12 years 3 months ago #67709 by Lefteris
Ensure that the items do exist in your database. If so, check the language field in the database. It should not be empty.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
12 years 3 months ago #67710 by Alina Janssen
Replied by Alina Janssen on topic Re: K2 Items disappeared in Admin Panel
sorry if I'm adding this twice, it didn't appear the first one was attached to the forum post I was refrencing... hope this one works!

Hi all,

I am also having a problem with the categories not showing in the k2 admin panel. I am using the latest version of k2 (dowloaded today) with Joomla 2.5.

Initially I was using Firefox as my browser. I added my first category, but it did not save. I repeated this 3 times, and each time after saving and closing, the category panel showed it was empty. However, when I went to the items panel, created an item and went to see if there were any categories to add it to, the category I had created showed up 3 times (from the items drop down menu).

So logged out and switched browsers to Safari. Initially Safari showed me all 3 categories I'd created in the category admin panel; however, after leaving that panel to do other management within Joomla and returning a few minutes later, the categories were again gone.

I found this forum post and tried selecting English as the language, but that made no difference (and it automatically refreshed to 'select language' each time... never staying on English... but maybe that's because English is the only option).

Anyway, those are all my details. Hopefully k2 can discover what the problem is and it will be an easy fix for all!

Thanks for the help and guidance k2!!!
Alina

• ian robson
More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #67711 by ian robson
I confirm that the items exist in database. Attached is screen grab of item ready for editing. Notice the category and other filter details. I accessed this item through the popular items in Joomla Main admin panel.
The second screen grab shows the item filters applied to try and recover this item. Interestingly, the Language Filter will NOT allow me to set language as UK English or ALL

I'm happy to send you an akeeba back-up of the site if your developers want to investigate
Attachments:

More
12 years 3 months ago #67712 by Lefteris
Hi. The item you are editing in the screenshot is in English. So in the lists you need to filter "All" or "English". So what do you mean it will not allow you? Can you click the filter? Can you choose another option from the filter?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• ian robson
More
12 years 3 months ago #67713 by ian robson
Remarkable discovery - just tried viewing K2 Items in IE9 and all are visible. This is a rare occasion when Chrome and Firefox fail to deliver but IE9 does. I'll live with this work around for now if IE works for EDITING ITEMS.

Unrelated undocumented cross dependencies could be any number of causes, browser extensions add-ons etc.

More
12 years 3 months ago #67714 by Lefteris
Hi. What version of K2 are you using? Please provide some more information about the browser versions that are facing the issues. Any further information like other installed extensions would be very usefull.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---