Keyword

Category questions from new user

• Ron Kinney
  • Ron Kinney's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #67760 by Ron Kinney
Category questions from new user was created by Ron Kinney
I've watched several documentation videos but I can't seem to get theis to work, or maybe I'm doing something wrong.

I'm buuilding a site for someone that makes custom guitars. I need to be able to display an image of a guitar type (I'm trying to use the category for that) and be able to click on that and display the detail and alternate images of the site.

If you go to his current site, www.coobsguitars.com and look at the gallery which is all done in html, it's how it should work. It was done with dreamweaver.

Right now the new site with K2 is at www.coobsguitars.com/joomla

The first gallery(guitar gallery) on the top menu links to the old site. The second on links to k2. (image gallery)

I have 2 categories defined but only one displays. I have one item assigned to the archtop category and it displays under the catagory image, which I don't want. Can I get this to work without the recomended image gallery?

I need to come up with a solution that the client can update on his own.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #67761 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: Category questions from new user
The html site looks like one category: guitars
When you click gallery you get what looks like a k2 caegory view that shows only the item image and title for multiple items (guitars)
When you click on the image it looks like an indivual item with a gallery and multiple pictures of the same guitar
The link you supplied returns 404

• Ron Kinney
  • Ron Kinney's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 3 months ago #67762 by Ron Kinney
Replied by Ron Kinney on topic Re: Category questions from new user
I've corrected the first post so the link works and added some clarification.