Keyword

I need to change text for "Edit Link" link in item

• Martin Kilkie
  • Martin Kilkie's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 3 months ago #67950 by Martin Kilkie
Hi all,

simple request, possible complex answer. I want to let my registered users edit the articles they create. When I have this enabled the link "Edit Item" is shown on the same line as the item title. This is ok but the position it is put in splits across too lines looking terrible.

I am happy for a) the link to change to "Edit" with no "Item" or b) the position to change to fit on the line or c) the size to reduce to fit.

I am an amateur re changing contents of php or css. I know the principles but get confused by the interaction of bits. I have found the offending item in category_item.php in the line

<span class="catItemEditLink">
<a class="modal" rel="{handler:'iframe',size:{x:990,y:550}}" href="<?php echo $this->item->editLink; ?>">
<?php echo JText::_('K2_EDIT_ITEM'); ?>
</a>
</span>

I suspect that K2_EDIT_ITEM is a contstant in the database that defines the text used.

Any help appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #67951 by Lefteris
Hi. K2 uses standard Joomla! language files. K2_EDIT_ITEM is a variable from the language files. So you need to translate it. Alternatively you can make a template override and write the phrase you want to use directly.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.