Keyword

K2 item / category images in responsive template

• Sanjiv Khullar
  • Sanjiv Khullar's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 3 months ago #67981 by Sanjiv Khullar
K2 item / category images in responsive template was created by Sanjiv Khullar
Using responsive template item images are not showing up clearly and category images are not scaling properly - they are being cut off - 65.60.53.10/~social/

any suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks

SK

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #67982 by Sean Carney
I just came in here looking for information about how to make the K2 images that are created and displayed be responsive. I had some people look at my page and state that the image dimensions are being displayed.

I use the JCE editor and have just learned that we can set a parameter in each 'profile' in
plugin parameters -> Image Manager
to be "Always Include Dimensions" = "No" in order to NOT display image dimensions in our joomla content for articles created with JCE. This will make the images work with responsive designs.

I am hoping to find a similar setting for the K2 image that gets uploaded for each article and then converted to six other file sizes.

More
12 years 2 months ago #67983 by Lefteris
Hi. You can make a template override, find the code that outputs the image dimensions and remove it.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
12 years 2 months ago #67984 by Sean Carney
Thank you again!

More
12 years 2 months ago #67985 by Sean Carney
In case anybody is interested. I have since discovered that the K2 Images on my site stopped functioning responsively when I modified some of the .css to allow word wrapping around the images. I am working with my template provider now to see if this is a K2 issue or something that we can work around.

For an example where I have an image that won't resize responsively and do have text wrapping you can, for now, look at life.drcarney.com/lifestyle/colleagues/item/46-t-colin-campbell-phd-cornell-university

For an example where I am using a JoomlaBamboo Quickstart and have added a K2 image and the image is resizing responsively you can look at jbtest2.drcarney.com/index.php/k2/k2-category/item/145-head-in-the-clouds-but-feet-on-ground

To test the responsiveness of the images you can just resize your browser window to make it smaller. I am hoping to find a solution to be able to use text wrap and also have the images be responsive. If I find it then I will try to post it here.

In the meantime, if anybody has any ideas about how to do this then I am all ears!

Thank you, Sean Carney

More
11 years 11 months ago #67986 by Theron G. Burrough
Replied by Theron G. Burrough on topic Re: K2 item / category images in responsive template
My Web site stopped displaying responsively after I installed K2, or maybe after I implemented some K2 content. (I am new at this.) I've spent the last few hours discovering that there are responsive templates that have K2 overrides. Also, Joostrap.com has a basic template for fairly cheap that comes with a responsive version of K2, and also of SobiPro.

Since my Web site won't be complicated for a while, I can wait for a responsive K2 or maybe buy the Joostrap responsive K2 extension. (But now that I see what K2 can do that naked Joomla can't, I think I need K2.)

So I just disabled all the K2 modules, and turned off the one menu item linking to a K2 category, but my Web site (theron.biz) has not gone back to being responsive. Searches indicate automatic uninstalls of K2 don't usually work. Any suggestions are appreciated, or if someone can tell me what files may be making the responsive feature not work.

More
11 years 10 months ago #67987 by Theron G. Burrough
Replied by Theron G. Burrough on topic Re: K2 item / category images in responsive template
Well, I uninstalled and then deleted all K2 and SobiPro modules, and my live site went back to being responsive.

Joostrap works and is supposed to be compatible with Gantry. I guess I would have to switch templates to get it to work on my Web site.

So I put the responsive K2 template and modules from joostrap.com onto a local XAMPP server. That works fine. The developer put bootstrap.css into his template/css folder.

More
11 years 8 months ago #67988 by ANdrew
Hi thanks I am having a similar problem, should I be removing the out put code from the template or the K2?