Slightly rearrange the layout of articles

• Oceanwatcher
  • Oceanwatcher's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
More
15 years 2 months ago #68028 by Oceanwatcher
Replied by Oceanwatcher on topic Slightly rearrange the layout of articles
Let me try to see if I got it right:

The category that I have the important categories under is called "Article section" and the category id of it is 2.

Under this, I have the following categories with ID's:

Audio - 3
Video - 4
Foto - 5
Kontoret - 6
Internett - 7
Andre programmer - 9

template/com_k2/itemlist should have

- default.php
- default_catid_Article section.php
- default_item.php
- default_item_Article section.php

template/com_k2/item should have

- default_item.php
- default_itemcatid_2.php

Does this look correct?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Oceanwatcher
  • Elite Member
More
15 years 2 months ago #68029 by Oceanwatcher
>now you must create a default_itemcatid_22.php for example, with the category ID from the >Category where the ITEM is located

Does this mean I have to make one file like this for every category I have articles in, or is it enough to do it for the "parent" category (as I have all categories placed under a "parent" category).

BTW - at the moment default_itemcatid_2.php in /item and /itemlist is empty. What should go in there? Should I copy it from any file in the standard K2 folders and change them?

I must admit it is still a little confusing, but I am trying to understand how it connects and what controls what.

If I can copy some existing files, I can just try to identify what parts of the file that serves the different parts of the layout and swap them around. I guess the rest would just be CSS?

One more thing - the files are in there and I do not get any error messages and I also do not see any change. Is this the way it is supposed to be?

• Oceanwatcher
  • Elite Member
More
15 years 2 months ago #68030 by Oceanwatcher
I was looking through some of the files in the K2 component and to me it looks like the file /public_html/joomla/components/com_k2/templates/default/item.php is the one that controls the display of the full articles. There is a part that seems to me is about the picture:

--- this is a really crappy forum system! Trying to paste some code in here did not work at all and there is no function here for displaying codeboxes... Is this really fit for support at all?
Will have to find a different way for displaying the code.

As this is inside the itembody div, I am not sure what will happen if it is moved out and put in the header div.

I am not sure that I have found the right one, but it looks like that for me at least :-) I am learning a lot by going through all this!

Thank you for taking the time to do this!

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #68031 by krmr
first: you remove voting from settings tabs on category view level, items in category view, item view.
the rest of your wishes are actualy there