Keyword

How I know change the item image size?

• Gábor Huszti
  • Gábor Huszti's Avatar Topic Author
More
15 years 2 months ago #68627 by Gábor Huszti
How I know change the item image size? was created by Gábor Huszti
I installed the K2. Wonderfull, but the original item image size it's very big and to break my page. How I know change the item image size?

Thank's

Gábor

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #68628 by Fraser Shipsides
Replied by Fraser Shipsides on topic How I know change the item image size?
Hi there, We are just testing deleting the original files in the src folder... I'll let you know something when we do...

More
14 years 10 months ago #68629 by vanshion
Replied by vanshion on topic How I know change the item image size?
K2 ->Parameters

you can find Image Settings

More
14 years 10 months ago #68630 by Mick Hilliard
Replied by Mick Hilliard on topic How I know change the item image size?
I'm not sure if this is the same problem but I'm also not seeing the images resize for my category blog pages. The original linked image is 800px wide, and the medium size image settings are designated as 300px, but it draws in at 800px (destroying the formatting) on every page, not just the item (article).

Is there a switch I'm not seeing that enables dynamic resizing of the original image? My impression is that this is supposed to be handled automatically, but maybe I'm wrong. It'd be REALLY nice to see some documentation for K2...

More
14 years 10 months ago #68631 by Mick Hilliard
I might have found the reason why my problem... I'm developing on a local server without GD Image Library installed... I'll try this on our testing server and see if that solves the problem.

Mick Hilliard said:I'm not sure if this is the same problem but I'm also not seeing the images resize for my category blog pages. The original linked image is 800px wide, and the medium size image settings are designated as 300px, but it draws in at 800px (destroying the formatting) on every page, not just the item (article).

Is there a switch I'm not seeing that enables dynamic resizing of the original image? My impression is that this is supposed to be handled automatically, but maybe I'm wrong. It'd be REALLY nice to see some documentation for K2...

More
14 years 10 months ago #68632 by Mick Hilliard
If you run into the same resizing issue I was having, make sure the GD library is enabled on your server. it solved my problem when I transferred my site from my local server (Mac/Apache/no GD library) to my testing server (Linux/Apache/GD enabled).

More
14 years 2 months ago #68633 by Ron Farber
Replied by Ron Farber on topic How I know change the item image size?
I have the same problem, and I do have GD library and all these settings work great in the MENU ITEM TYPE -->Latest K2 Items but they do not work correctly in the MENU ITEM TYPE -->Category for some reason. I need to get this fixed or I cant use K2 at all.