Keyword

Integration and simplification

More
14 years 7 months ago #68812 by Diego Piersanti
Replied by Diego Piersanti on topic Integration and simplification
I need this integration too, please!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #68813 by Aleksi Salonen
Replied by Aleksi Salonen on topic Integration and simplification
me too me too!

More
14 years 7 months ago #68814 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic Integration and simplification
Hi Jack,

Let me go through some of your points.

As with any component, integration with other components will always be an issue. To be able to enable K2 to work with the 1000's of components available is not practicle, so these would have to made as and when needed.
There are already some that are compatible I know 100% there is a plugin for JCE as we use it at K2Joom.com.

For user panels, to have multiples is normal, I have not seen any way of integrating Joomla, CB, JomSocial, Kunena etc they all have their own and share some common data, its nots comfortable, but that is down to how the componets are written for their own needs. With K2 this is meant to replace the standard Joomla user panels as it contains extra functions above Joomla.

Recent Posts / comments can be created through the K2 modules, there is also a comment notifcation mod too, which we have in the downloads at K2Joom.com.

K2 was designed to be integrated with Simple Image Gallery and not tat of another vendor, this does not stop you from still using 3rd party gallery components, it just means you have to integrate them as that developer intended and not through the K2 Image Gallery tab.

For content system over rides, this is not necessary. If you are using K2, why go backwards to Joomla Articles?
Maybe you could explain your meaning so more to help understand.
Once K2 is installed, it is automatically placed in the Admin Control panel, you can then remove the standard joomla Control Panel icons through the Module Manager > Administrator, this will then just show K2 Icons when you login through the backend. Then there is no need to even touch the Joomla Content menu.

More layout for category listings? This is probably one of the largest array of parameters you will likely to find in K2.
Not only that, but you can create K2 micro themes allowing you to set different layouts per category.
This can be further extended by using the CSS4K2 mod, available free at K2Joom.com that then allows individual css style for each micro theme.

I hope this helps answer your questions.

Regards,

Simon
K2Joom.com

• Mauricio González
More
14 years 5 months ago #68815 by Mauricio González
Replied by Mauricio González on topic Integration and simplification
I'm using a k2-CB plugin that keeps my contacts synced.

You'll have to google it though. No time for searching the link myself. Just know that it exists. :D

• Ioannis Dimitrakopoulos
More
14 years 3 months ago #68816 by Ioannis Dimitrakopoulos
Replied by Ioannis Dimitrakopoulos on topic Integration and simplification
Any news on CB-K2 intergration ?

There are 3 classifications of people!<br />Those who make things happen,<br />Those who see things happen<br />And those who wonder what what happened.

• Ioannis Dimitrakopoulos
More
14 years 3 months ago #68817 by Ioannis Dimitrakopoulos
Replied by Ioannis Dimitrakopoulos on topic Integration and simplification
Could you please tell us more ?

Thanks

Mauricio González said:I'm using a k2-CB plugin that keeps my contacts synced.You'll have to google it though. No time for searching the link myself. Just know that it exists. :D

There are 3 classifications of people!<br />Those who make things happen,<br />Those who see things happen<br />And those who wonder what what happened.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #68818 by Brat
Replied by Brat on topic Integration and simplification
I spent a long time trying to find the alleged k2-CB sync plugin. I just gave up and added some code to the k2 user plugin.

All this code does is, upon creation of new user, inserts the correct parameters into the CB #__comprofiler table. I HATE hacks, but this one does the job. And it's only about 20 lines long and added right before the close of the onAfterStoreUser function. I've ZIPPED and uploaded the modified k2 user plugin for anyone who wants to take a look (it's my hacked version of the file you'll find as YOURJOOMLAROOT/plugins/user/k2.php - back up first just in case!).

Instructions on how I FINALLY get my K2 and CB to work together are provided below. I've pieced it together from SEVERAL posts here and at the Joomla forums:

1) Install K2 and CB, and make sure both are working like you want - CB especially because of its complexity.

2) Replace the K2 user plugin main PHP file with the hacked one above as instructed. This should synchronize users who register through K2.

2) K2 and CB both have login modules. Set the CB login module for REGISTERED and also disable the link to CB registration within this module (you'll need to go into the module manager to do that). Make sure the K2 login module is set for PUBLIC (as this is the one you want users to register and login with). I just relabeled the CB login module as "Your Profile" or some such to avoid confusion.

The most important thing right now is to not let CB handle registrations! Until someone comes up with a more elegant solution, it is far easier to just let K2 handle that.

This is just bare bones, sync users. This DOES NOT handle synchronizing contact fields, avatars, etc. Hope this helps someone!
Attachments:

More
13 years 5 months ago #68819 by STF Enterprises
Replied by STF Enterprises on topic Integration and simplification
K2 and Community Builder integration is now possible using a series of files available from JoomlaMagic. See www.joomagic.com/downloads/extensions/cat_view/73-extensions...

With these files your K2 user avatar will be displayed in K2 modules and items. The avatar will link back to the CB profile and if you use the CB Author Tab plugin, the links from articles in CB will route to K2 items. To see a working version of this please go to www.theicpm.com

Please take notice: This is a set of "Hacked" files. These are not plugins. We strongly encourage you to back up the original files before you upload these files through your FTP. With this solution you can use CB login module and CB registration

Overwrite these files with the downloaded filesK2 Component..\components\com_k2\helpers\route.php ..\components\com_k2\models\itemlist.php ..\components\com_k2\templates\default\item.php K2 Module..\modules\mod_k2_content\helper.php

CB Plugin ..\components\com_comprofiler\plugin\user\plug_cbmamboauthortab\cb.authortabIf you are starting with a fresh K2 install - follow these additional steps:2) Install plg_user_k2. It will automatically insert users when user registered in CB and will assign to group3) from Back-end , K2 dashboard click "Import Joomla! content " it will import all joomla articles. and CB "my articles" tab will show only K2 articles.

NOTE REGARDING SUPPORT: We hired a Joomlancer to complete this work, so little support is offered. Use at your own risk.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #68820 by Thomas Murray
Replied by Thomas Murray on topic Integration and simplification
The K2 Community Builder hack I downloaded from your site works but there are some complications.

1: Categories list all items from category and subcategory on one page. There is no nesting. Previously you had to click a category and see items or click the subcategory to see its items. Now items from category and subcategories are displayed on one page. For now I get around this by making all subcategories their own category.

2: There is a 2 to 5 digit number above every category name.

How can these issues be fixed?

thanx,

Tom Murray

Shawn Futterer said:
K2 and Community Builder integration is now possible using a series of files available from JoomlaMagic. See www.joomagic.com/downloads/extensions/cat_view/73-extensions...

With these files your K2 user avatar will be displayed in K2 modules and items. The avatar will link back to the CB profile and if you use the CB Author Tab plugin, the links from articles in CB will route to K2 items. To see a working version of this please go to www.theicpm.com

Please take notice: This is a set of "Hacked" files. These are not plugins. We strongly encourage you to back up the original files before you upload these files through your FTP. With this solution you can use CB login module and CB registration

Overwrite these files with the downloaded filesK2 Component..\components\com_k2\helpers\route.php ..\components\com_k2\models\itemlist.php ..\components\com_k2\templates\default\item.php K2 Module..\modules\mod_k2_content\helper.php

CB Plugin ..\components\com_comprofiler\plugin\user\plug_cbmamboauthortab\cb.authortabIf you are starting with a fresh K2 install - follow these additional steps:2) Install plg_user_k2. It will automatically insert users when user registered in CB and will assign to group3) from Back-end , K2 dashboard click "Import Joomla! content " it will import all joomla articles. and CB "my articles" tab will show only K2 articles.

NOTE REGARDING SUPPORT: We hired a Joomlancer to complete this work, so little support is offered. Use at your own risk.

More
10 years 6 months ago #68821 by natecovington
Replied by natecovington on topic Re: Integration and simplification
Looks like there is a plugin available for this:
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extension-specific/community-builder-extensions/community-builder-authors/9849

Download:
aldra.ca/joomla-extensions/cb-multi-author-tab

Going to test it out, will report back if I can't get it working...