Keyword

Item view options: change of default values

• Kai Roen
  • Kai Roen's Avatar Topic Author
More
15 years 2 months ago #68932 by Kai Roen
In K2 version 2.0, we can change the default values on the output in for each category. (using "Item View Options" in parameters tab for each category). My suggestion is to set all necessary settings to "no" instead of "yes". Because, most of us do not need comments, social networks, Tweet, Authors latest items and so on to be switched on by default.

When creating many categories, I have to turn of these settings for each category. For a large site, this is timeconsuming.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Kai Roen
  • Kai Roen's Avatar Topic Author
More
15 years 2 months ago #68933 by Kai Roen
Replied by Kai Roen on topic Item view options: change of default values
I finally found the latest build of K2, and this as been fixed. This was a brilliant feature - thanks!!

More
14 years 1 month ago #68934 by Petitsuisse
Replied by Petitsuisse on topic Item view options: change of default values
Hi Kai,

Can you give me more details on how it has been fixed. Because I'm using K2 2.3 version and all default are set to Show.
But I'm in the same case than you, I'm NOT using most of the "Item view options" items so I'ld like to set them all to Hide as default.

Do you have a solution? thanks.

More
14 years 1 month ago #68935 by Jiliko.net
Replied by Jiliko.net on topic Item view options: change of default values
Hi,

2 possibilities :

- Create a master category with item options set to 'No' and make your existing & new K2 categories inherit from it.

or

- Modify the file 'administrator/components/com_k2/models/category.xml' to set to '0' the default values of the item options. Notice : your changes will be lost with K2 updates.

Olivier

More
14 years 1 month ago #68936 by Petitsuisse
Replied by Petitsuisse on topic Item view options: change of default values
Thanks Oliver,

I really like the second possibility, I was looking for a file like this to set my "most used" options but I was unable to find it. It will be much easier now.

1 more question for the 1st possibilty: if I inherit a category from another, ALL options will be inherit and even if you change 1 or 2 options options in a sub-category it won't change anything for that category? is that right? so 1st possibilities would only be great if all categories are all using exactly same options.

Olivier Nolbert said:Hi,
2 possibilities :

- Create a master category with item options set to 'No' and make your existing & new K2 categories inherit from it.

or

- Modify the file 'administrator/components/com_k2/models/category.xml' to set to '0' the default values of the item options. Notice : your changes will be lost with K2 updates.

Olivier

More
14 years 1 month ago #68937 by Jiliko.net
Replied by Jiliko.net on topic Item view options: change of default values
Yes, you're right for the first possibility, it's all or nothing...

Olivier