Keyword

Page Breaks in K2 Content Items

More
15 years 2 months ago #69160 by Sanz
Page Breaks in K2 Content Items was created by Sanz
Hi everyone,

I have just unpacked k2 and couldnt figure this out -> pls help

In an item, i have a 5 page long article that i wish to post under a category..i cant seem to figure out a way to add page breaks in there.. am i missing something or is there another way to add a multi page article in k2 ..

wud appreciate any input !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 2 months ago #69161 by boluak
Replied by boluak on topic Page Breaks in K2 Content Items
Did you try the tabs under the edit window, one of them is "Readmore" its what u need. clicking on it will place a red dotted line where ur cursor is positioned.
the next page will start from there.
multipage may not be visisble until published

More
15 years 2 months ago #69162 by Sanz
Replied by Sanz on topic Page Breaks in K2 Content Items
hi, thanks for ur reply,

i tried that, clicking on read more works only once which is good to show the read more and then show the full article text when the user click on the link to read the ful article..

but i cannot add a page break on this page which is 3 page document in word(for.e.g) that i have .. i want the users to be able to go page 1,2 and 3 rather than having to scroll through an exceptionally long page..

joomla's content editor seems to have this capability with a page break button next to read more and then it creates and article index as well..

is this possible in K2 ???? in k2 when i click on read more the second time to add a page break it gives me a message saying "there is already a read more link that has been inserted. only one such link can be inserted. Use {pagebreak} to split th page up further .. but how do i use this page break functionaly in k2 ???

More
15 years 2 months ago #69163 by bunglehaze
Replied by bunglehaze on topic Page Breaks in K2 Content Items
have you tried typing the {pagebreak} ??

leigh

More
15 years 2 months ago #69164 by Sanz
Replied by Sanz on topic Page Breaks in K2 Content Items
yup, i tried adding that in the html of the page, it just displays the text {pagebreak} as it is..

i tried using the content-pagebreak plugin's way of adding a pagebreak by adding the below line to the html code of my article: hr class="system-pagebreak" that seems to work in the content preview by displaying a gray dotted line.. but when i save the article and view from the front end.. it just displays solid line instead of the pagebreak..

i dont think k2 really supports page breaks.. does anybody have any experience with that

pls help !!

More
15 years 2 months ago #69165 by bunglehaze
Replied by bunglehaze on topic Page Breaks in K2 Content Items
aaah I had one of these too - thought I was going mad :)

Glad I am not - or am I - actually probably xD

leigh

More
15 years 2 months ago #69166 by giggles
Replied by giggles on topic Page Breaks in K2 Content Items
OK I am having the same problem, my articles are being cut off after a certain length and the read more button allows me to see the full article but like the OP said this is very clunky and not what we were hoping for, plus it's ugly as sin seeing the whole article used as introtext. Page break doesn't work, nothing works. The short articles work fine and look great but the longer articles get cut off no matter what I do, and like the OP said it would be nice to break the article up, OR have it work like the joomla way does. Personally I want the k2 to work, it just looks better IMO. But this is killing me, two of us have been here all day trying everything we can think of to no avail.

The other thing is, why are the items being cut off? Is there a word or character limit I am missing? LOL I am not counting how long before the article cuts off but it's killing us.

More
15 years 2 months ago #69167 by John Farouk
Replied by John Farouk on topic Page Breaks in K2 Content Items
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_DEC, expecting T_STRING or T_VARIABLE or '$' in /home/freedo13/public_html/libraries/joomla/html/html/content.php on line 27

to what this error refer to and how to fix it, it happened when i tried to link the roktabes with the K2 content items, also when i tried to connect a module called Rokstories with a K2 content item please help

More
13 years 10 months ago #69168 by Markus Thiel
Replied by Markus Thiel on topic Page Breaks in K2 Content Items
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/news-display/articles-toc/13002
:)

Sanz said:hi, thanks for ur reply,
i tried that, clicking on read more works only once which is good to show the read more and then show the full article text when the user click on the link to read the ful article..

but i cannot add a page break on this page which is 3 page document in word(for.e.g) that i have .. i want the users to be able to go page 1,2 and 3 rather than having to scroll through an exceptionally long page..

joomla's content editor seems to have this capability with a page break button next to read more and then it creates and article index as well..

is this possible in K2 ???? in k2 when i click on read more the second time to add a page break it gives me a message saying "there is already a read more link that has been inserted. only one such link can be inserted. Use {pagebreak} to split th page up further .. but how do i use this page break functionaly in k2 ???