Keyword

Articles Showing Underneath My Categories

• Ricky Blackman
  • Ricky Blackman's Avatar Topic Author
More
15 years 2 months ago #69322 by Ricky Blackman
Articles Showing Underneath My Categories was created by Ricky Blackman
Hi
I am trying to config my k2 and I can not figure out for the life of me how to get the articles that are showing under all of my categories to disappear if anyone can help me it will be greatly appreciated

Thank You
Ricky

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 2 months ago #69323 by Sharon Sobieszczyk
Replied by Sharon Sobieszczyk on topic Articles Showing Underneath My Categories
In the K2 category, choose Category View Options > Show also child's categories items.

• Ricky Blackman
More
15 years 2 months ago #69324 by Ricky Blackman
Replied by Ricky Blackman on topic Articles Showing Underneath My Categories
I am in the category view options now and I do not see that And I have been working on this for about two hours and can not figure out how to get those articles to disappear

More
15 years 2 months ago #69325 by Sharon Sobieszczyk
Replied by Sharon Sobieszczyk on topic Articles Showing Underneath My Categories
It's the sixth option on the list under "Category View Options" in the latest version of K2. In the K2 Categories, you have to go into the category, and look for it under the Parameters column on the right.

It only works for the selected category, though, so if you are setting up a home page and want all your categories to show, you need to set up a "Home Page" category and put all your categories under that one.

There's also a bug in the current version where the setting won't be transferred when you have one category inheriting params from another. We've been told that one will be fixed in the next version.

• Ricky Blackman
More
15 years 2 months ago #69326 by Ricky Blackman
Thank you for your help I now got them off the page

More
15 years 1 month ago #69327 by Ignatius Ackermann
Replied by Ignatius Ackermann on topic Articles Showing Underneath My Categories
Hi Guys
I am having the same problem, and can not see these settings.
I go to Components > K2 (Dashboard)
In the Dashboard I select "Categories"
I see my list of Categories I select my "Main Category" (or any other category)
I definitely do not see any "Parameters column on the right"
The only "Parameters I see is under the main cartegories page and is the "K2 Parameters" screen.
I also tried the options in the "Main Menu" section without much success.
What is wrong or what am I missing.
I start to feel as if I made the wrong choice with K2, A bit late after I loaded about 80 tour options
www.southerncircletours.com/guided-tours/south-africa/tours-departing-cape-town
I should have 5 Sub-Categories here
Please Help!!!

silversas said:It's the sixth option on the list under "Category View Options" in the latest version of K2. In the K2 Categories, you have to go into the category, and look for it under the Parameters column on the right.
It only works for the selected category, though, so if you are setting up a home page and want all your categories to show, you need to set up a "Home Page" category and put all your categories under that one.

There's also a bug in the current version where the setting won't be transferred when you have one category inheriting params from another. We've been told that one will be fixed in the next version.

• Ricky Blackman
More
15 years 1 month ago #69328 by Ricky Blackman
To remove the files from showing up underneath your categories you need to go into all of your categories and on the right hand side under category item layout you need to set these two things too 0 If this does not work for you please let me know.

Ignatius Ackermann said:Hi Guys I am having the same problem, and can not see these settings.
I go to Components > K2 (Dashboard)
In the Dashboard I select "Categories"
I see my list of Categories I select my "Main Category" (or any other category)
I definitely do not see any "Parameters column on the right"
The only "Parameters I see is under the main cartegories page and is the "K2 Parameters" screen.
I also tried the options in the "Main Menu" section without much success.
What is wrong or what am I missing.
I start to feel as if I made the wrong choice with K2, A bit late after I loaded about 80 tour options
www.southerncircletours.com/guided-tours/south-africa/tours-...
I should have 5 Sub-Categories here
Please Help!!!

silversas said:It's the sixth option on the list under "Category View Options" in the latest version of K2. In the K2 Categories, you have to go into the category, and look for it under the Parameters column on the right. It only works for the selected category, though, so if you are setting up a home page and want all your categories to show, you need to set up a "Home Page" category and put all your categories under that one.

More
13 years 10 months ago #69329 by Duane Allam
Replied by Duane Allam on topic Articles Showing Underneath My Categories
FYI y'all, in version 2.4.1 (and later versions i'm assuming) the option you're looking for is "Catalog mode" under "Category Item Layout"