Keyword

Item Ids in K2. SEF urls

• Mikhail Eremin
  • Mikhail Eremin's Avatar Topic Author
More
15 years 3 months ago #69406 by Mikhail Eremin
Item Ids in K2. SEF urls was created by Mikhail Eremin
Hello. First, thanx for this extension. It's very promising :)
But i have few problems using it.
First, i couldn't get it working with sef's properly. Native joomla sef's work, but with bugs. When you browsing k2 from menuitem which is related to k2(in my case it is games catalog)-everything seems ok. But when browsing from k2 modules, e.g. on mainpage, there is a block with last added k2 items. Then you click on any item you got not games/id-gametitle (like from k2 page) but /component/k2/item/(id)-gametitle, so its loosing its item id, and proper menu item is not highlighted.And modules assigned to show up only on k2 menu don't show up too.
Artio JoomSef extension work bad too. I found 2 versions of it. Version for k2 v2 can't do proper sefs at all. It do it like games-2 games-3 games-4 and category-2 category-3 ... instead of titles for categories and items. Version for k2 (not v2) working better(it shows item titles in sef's) but also have a bug with itemId. When you browse categories from k2 content module, itemId is also missing. Version of k2 i use is 2.0.0. I did something wrong? Can you advice on how to link all the items and category views of k2 to a certain menu item (itemId) on all pages (not only from inside of that itemid). Hope to get answer. Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 3 months ago #69407 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Item Ids in K2. SEF urls
Hi. K2 searches for menu links to a single k2 category. When you link to multiple categories the category id isn't available in the URL so K2 cannot find the Itemid. This feature is added in v2 final.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
14 years 10 months ago #69408 by Kyle Ledbetter
Replied by Kyle Ledbetter on topic Item Ids in K2. SEF urls
Thanks for this tip - helped me out in a bind :)

Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. K2 searches for menu links to a single k2 category. When you link to multiple categories the category id isn't available in the URL so K2 cannot find the Itemid. This feature is added in v2 final.

More
14 years 1 month ago #69409 by Oscar Ortiz
Replied by Oscar Ortiz on topic Item Ids in K2. SEF urls
I thought I had a big problem, but after reading this, I just realized I hadn't created any K2-linking menu items. My itemids work great now :)

Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. K2 searches for menu links to a single k2 category. When you link to multiple categories the category id isn't available in the URL so K2 cannot find the Itemid. This feature is added in v2 final.

More
11 years 6 months ago #69410 by Mary Stremmel
Replied by Mary Stremmel on topic Re: Item Ids in K2. SEF urls
not so good if there are a lot of categories