Keyword

Issue with Rocketheme templates and K2 ItemTools area

• Zandergraphics
  • Zandergraphics's Avatar Topic Author
More
15 years 1 month ago #69825 by Zandergraphics
I have confirmed that this is a template issue because when I switch to rhuk_milkyway, everything looks fine. However in both rt_refraction and rt_akiraka there is a rather large space between the title/author of the article and the rating/stars which I believe is being caused by some sort of CSS issue with the ratings block, though I'm not 100% on that and haven't been able to find a fix or narrow the problem further. It may be related to the .clr div at the bottom of the tools block, but again, I'm not 100%....

Has anyone else been having this issue? It seems to appear on several of the default templates too, but just not milkyway. I'll keep digging but this is a rather big deal to us as the extra space just doesn't look right....

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Zandergraphics
More
15 years 1 month ago #69826 by Zandergraphics
Replied by Zandergraphics on topic Issue with Rocketheme templates and K2 ItemTools area
You can see this in action here:

www.zandergraphics.net/2009/studio/about.html

This part of the site is obviously not live yet and I will be playing with fixes but mostly it should be the same...

More
15 years 1 month ago #69827 by Matthias Bley
Replied by Matthias Bley on topic Issue with Rocketheme templates and K2 ItemTools area
rockettheme is having many modul positions. Maybe that one modul makes that mistake.
So disable what you dont need. Something like this i had one times before.

Try something like this:

div.itemBody {
margin-top:-80px;
padding:0 0 15px;
}
css-f177...424ab.php (Line 95)

And next set the rating position.
This could it be !?

• Zandergraphics
More
15 years 1 month ago #69828 by Zandergraphics
Replied by Zandergraphics on topic Issue with Rocketheme templates and K2 ItemTools area
The ratings module is actually a part of K2 and not a RT module. And though applying a negative margin could help in some ways, what we really need is for that tools area to be collapsable, which it appears to be when we use the milkyway template. Some pages will use the ratings area and author info etc, and some will not and we would like them all to look correct... and I try to stay away from negative margins unless I really have to....

I'm pretty sure that the issue lies with the three .clr divs that are generated in that area. I just need to figure out why and what needs to change to avoid this issue....

Still digging but open to any suggestions...

• Zandergraphics
More
15 years 1 month ago #69829 by Zandergraphics
Another update: I have tracked the issue to the inset module position not playing nicely with the .clr divs in K2. I'm pretty sure there's an easy fix, but it's far too late right now. I'll post it when I'm done for future reference but will likely be simply adding a containing div for the article block and K2...

• Zandergraphics
More
15 years 1 month ago #69830 by Zandergraphics
Okay... finally got in there and pinned it down... and I added a containing div around the component area and just assigned float:left to that div to make it line up with the inset position and not fight with it.... and Voila! Everything now lines up the way it should. Hopefully this will save someone else some time because it sure gave me a hole in the head for a couple days.... I'd post the code but the board doesn't want to let me... if anyone has any questions you can message me...

• Cornerstone Properties, LLC
More
15 years 2 weeks ago #69831 by Cornerstone Properties, LLC
Replied by Cornerstone Properties, LLC on topic Issue with Rocketheme templates and K2 ItemTools area
Kyle, I'm having the same issue with Moxy from Rockettheme (and have had same issue with other Rockettheme templates when using inset positions -- prior solution for me was to use left or right instead of inset! I was wondering if I could get more info about your fix to this! Thanks!
Jeff

• Zandergraphics
More
15 years 2 weeks ago #69832 by Zandergraphics
I added a div just inside the #maincontent-block div (about line 240 on refraction) or whatever div contains the main component code. I called mine #contentfix but obviously you can use any name you want. Then just assign the CSS float:left...

#contentfix {
float: left;
}

Looking through there again, I can't remember why just adding the float to the #maincontent-block div didn't work, but I'm pretty sure I tried that and needed the extra div, though I can't think why at the moment... I think it was because the real issue is with a clear div that is inserted by K2 that mucks things up and you just need to keep that div contained in the middle...

I tried to past the html in here but it looked like crap so I left it out, but it's simple, it's just an extra div right inside that main content one. I can PM or email the code if you still have questions.

Glad to know that this is still there in Moxy because I was getting ready to use that as the base for a new site so I'll have to fix that too....

Jeff Cooper said:Kyle, I'm having the same issue with Moxy from Rockettheme (and have had same issue with other Rockettheme templates when using inset positions -- prior solution for me was to use left or right instead of inset! I was wondering if I could get more info about your fix to this! Thanks! Jeff

More
15 years 1 week ago #69833 by Cornerstone Properties, LLC
Replied by Cornerstone Properties, LLC on topic Issue with Rocketheme templates and K2 ItemTools area
Kyle, thanks. I've been playing around with the code, as I usually do since I am learning on the fly with this type of stuff. I haven't yet been able to make it work, but here is the stock Moxy relevant (I think) text. Any idea how to insert your concept here?

Here is the bodycontent DIV, from index.php (which contains the maincontent-block div reference):

From template.css, here is the reference to maincontent-block:

/* Main Page Structure */
#maincontent-block {padding: 15px 20px}
#inset-block-right {float: right;}
#inset-block-left {float: left;}
table.mainbody, table.blog {width: 100%;border: 0;padding: 0;}
.spacer .block {float: left;

I tried adding the float to the template.css after the 'padding' reference, but that just moved the entire article below the end of the left inset position.

thanks

More
15 years 1 week ago #69834 by Cornerstone Properties, LLC
Ok--oops. The div text didn't show up--should have known it wouldn't. Here it is again (I took the leading < off of each line):

div class="bodycontent">
?php if ($this->countModules('inset2') and !$editmode) : ?>
div id="inset-block-right">
jdoc:include type="modules" name="inset2" style="main" />
/div>
?php endif; ?>
?php if ($this->countModules('inset') and !$editmode) : ?>
div id="inset-block-left">
jdoc:include type="modules" name="inset" style="main" />
/div>
?php endif; ?>
div id="maincontent-block">
jdoc:include type="message" />
?php if (!($frontpage_component == 'hide' and JRequest::getVar('view') == 'frontpage')): ?>
jdoc:include type="component" />
?php endif; ?>
/div>
/div>