Keyword

Blank page in Administrator when editing category

• RickSure Pty Limited
  • RickSure Pty Limited's Avatar Topic Author
More
15 years 1 month ago #70129 by RickSure Pty Limited
Blank page in Administrator when editing category was created by RickSure Pty Limited
Hi,

I upgraded from the pre-release and everything went well. However when I try to edit a setting in a category, I get a blank page in Administrator. The URL shows as www.mydomain.com/administrator/index.php. When I go back I can see that the change has been saved but it is annoying.

The same thing happens if I try to save a new category. It saves but redirects to a blank page.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 1 month ago #70130 by Marlon West
Replied by Marlon West on topic Blank page in Administrator when editing category
Hello,

Same issue here. After following upgrade procedures I get php errors when i try and save categories or items. I haven't attempted to save any other type. Here's some errors:

PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function mb_internal_encoding() in /home/antimttr/public_html/blah/administrator/components/com_k2/tables/k2item.php on line 71, referer: blah.antimttr.com/administrator/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&cid=10

• RickSure Pty Limited
  • RickSure Pty Limited's Avatar Topic Author
More
15 years 1 month ago #70131 by RickSure Pty Limited
Replied by RickSure Pty Limited on topic Blank page in Administrator when editing category
I figured this might have something to do with the upgrade. And as I didn't have much in my database, I thought I would try to uninstall everything and start again with the full version. When I did that, I got the same problem when creating a new category.

Restoring my pre-release backup now.

More
15 years 1 month ago #70132 by Marlon West
Replied by Marlon West on topic Blank page in Administrator when editing category
Richard,
I also uninstalled and re-installed the component. I am having no issues creating new items or categories though.

Richard Pearce said:I figured this might have something to do with the upgrade. And as I didn't have much in my database, I thought I would try to uninstall everything and start again with the full version. When I did that, I got the same problem when creating a new category.
Restoring my pre-release backup now.

More
15 years 1 month ago #70133 by Dost Hane
I have the same problem. I installed K2 full version. I can see only a blank page when I add a new category.

More
15 years 1 month ago #70134 by Dost Hane
No answer or no help??? Ok

Dost Hane said:I have the same problem. I installed K2 full version. I can see only a blank page when I add a new category.

More
15 years 1 month ago #70135 by Manny Santos
Replied by Manny Santos on topic Blank page in Administrator when editing category
I had blank screens when trying to create categories. It turned out to be my JCE 1.56 editor. I changed to the default mce editor and it was fine.

K2 is working with a lot of other components and modules with dependencies on each other and all it takes is for something else to no agree with it to cause issues. I am finding that many issues relating to K2 is usually coming for other components, modules and/or template overrides.

I hope that this helps you in finding out what is causing your issue in your Joomla environment.

More
15 years 1 month ago #70136 by Dost Hane
I also found my problem. PHP_JSON. When it is activated on my server side EXCELLENT K2 started working properly. Thank you K2 creators. May God save your brains, souls, hands and eyes. Thank you. :))

More
15 years 1 month ago #70137 by Dost Hane
Thank you Manny really thank you for your answering ;)

Manny Santos said:I had blank screens when trying to create categories. It turned out to be my JCE 1.56 editor. I changed to the default mce editor and it was fine.
K2 is working with a lot of other components and modules with dependencies on each other and all it takes is for something else to no agree with it to cause issues. I am finding that many issues relating to K2 is usually coming for other components, modules and/or template overrides.

I hope that this helps you in finding out what is causing your issue in your Joomla environment.

More
14 years 10 months ago #70138 by Luigi Menghini
Replied by Luigi Menghini on topic Blank page in Administrator when editing category
hi, first of all thanks for K2!
I'm having the same problem of "blank page" after a new category is added.
however, after clicking on "save" or "apply" or "save and new" the category is not created and the blank page is displayed.
Mine is a new joomla installation created ad-hoc to try K2, so there're no templates or thirdy parts components.

I investigated and found out that the problem is: (php log file)
PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function mb_internal_encoding() in [my server folder]\administrator\components\com_k2\tables\k2category.php on line 46

any solution for this? thank you,
Luigi