Keyword

Facebook connect

• Kelsey Brookes
  • Kelsey Brookes's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
More
15 years 1 month ago #70144 by Kelsey Brookes
Facebook connect was created by Kelsey Brookes
I'm loving K2, I'll be starting most new sites with it.

The thing I believe is a gaping hole in Joomla, let alone K2 is a Facebook Connect integration.

What do I mean by this?

Check out gizmodo.com and their commenting system. I love it. You can either comment anonymously or (most importantly) sign in with your Facebook ID.

Even better, you have the option of posting your comment and a link to the article back to your Facebook wall.

Why is this a great feature?

Because it makes it simple to allow your users to both interact (no need to create yet another account) and promote your site for you. Vital leveraging of social networks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #70145 by mojito
Replied by mojito on topic Facebook connect
I agree its great to allow people to connect, I already managed this with caribbean-diving.com
This just creates a new user in joomla however and I doubt it will work with k2 though k2 has a plugin i see that is supposed to work with synchronising users ?

Still the other thing once the user accepts to share with facebook is actually doing the facebook post - this is just one line of code believe it or not.

The trouble with facebook is they change their API so often it will cause a lot of maintenance work to be needed.

• Mangirdas Vicius
  • www.tnet.lt
More
13 years 3 weeks ago #70146 by Mangirdas Vicius
Replied by Mangirdas Vicius on topic Facebook connect
Hello,

what plugin/addon are you using?

I need something simmilar like are in vivapoland dot com ( it's not mine website ).

I want such a bottom at the top of the website and comments with a possibility to log in with facebook.

Please advice.

Best regards,

www.tnet.lt