Keyword

How to integrate disqus comments with K2

More
14 years 3 months ago #70387 by suesbarn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #70388 by Rudy Espinosa
Replied by Rudy Espinosa on topic How to integrate disqus comments with K2
Kelsey Brookes said:Hi there,
No idea how comprehensive the KJoom article was, but as this is something I've done manually myself a few times, I've posted a quick tutorial.

You can see it in action here: thinksync.com.au/blog

And here's the tutorial: thinksync.com.au/blog/code/integrating-disqus-with-k2

Hope this helps.

I succesfully implemented the code changes but now I can't seem to get rid of the default disqus .css settings. There is a narrow area around the comment area that is a light blue with light gray border. Inside that area is the actually comments that I can style by modifying the k2.css file, but I must use !impotant. However, the narrow light blue background with gray border persists. I modifed the .css on the disqus.com site settings but that makes no difference.

Any chance you can provide some instructions on how you styled the disqus .css?
I posted a screenshot to help explain my issue.

ONFX is a Chicago Web Design and Chicago SEO Company that offers affordable website design and SEO Services for small business firms.<br /><br /> Follow ONFX on Facebook <br /> Follow ONFX on Twitter <br /> Follow ONFX on LinkedIn
Attachments:

More
13 years 10 months ago #70389 by Rudy Espinosa
Replied by Rudy Espinosa on topic How to integrate disqus comments with K2
Never mind my previous post. I found the issue and it is strictly a user error in my .css.

BTW, thank you very much for these instructions!

ONFX is a Chicago Web Design and Chicago SEO Company that offers affordable website design and SEO Services for small business firms.<br /><br /> Follow ONFX on Facebook <br /> Follow ONFX on Twitter <br /> Follow ONFX on LinkedIn

More
13 years 10 months ago #70390 by Olivier Karfis
Replied by Olivier Karfis on topic How to integrate disqus comments with K2
Also implemented the KJoom 'hack' on my site but it's not perfect (some of the disquss code is included in all pages even the ones without comments).
Joomlaworks should release a Disqus extension for K2 soon...
twitter.com/#!/joomlaworks/status/989123053621248

Can't wait...

Owner of www.FrenchToday.com - K2 fan and freelancer, runs the Joomla/K2 tip site: www.yanaku.com

More
13 years 10 months ago #70391 by Puneet
Replied by Puneet on topic How to integrate disqus comments with K2
Ya Joomlaworks people should release a disqus plugin for k2. Can't think of one reason why they should not write such a plugin

More
13 years 10 months ago #70392 by Olivier Karfis
How about the fact that they do this for free and they need to earn their living doing other work too??? Remember that these guys are really providing us with valuable work FOR FREE so we should be a little patient (especially since there's relatively simple workarounds).

Puneet said:Ya Joomlaworks people should release a disqus plugin for k2. Can't think of one reason why they should not write such a plugin

Owner of www.FrenchToday.com - K2 fan and freelancer, runs the Joomla/K2 tip site: www.yanaku.com

More
13 years 10 months ago #70393 by Puneet
Replied by Puneet on topic How to integrate disqus comments with K2
Got your point :)

Olivier Karfis said:How about the fact that they do this for free and they need to earn their living doing other work too??? Remember that these guys are really providing us with valuable work FOR FREE so we should be a little patient (especially since there's relatively simple workarounds).

Puneet said:Ya Joomlaworks people should release a disqus plugin for k2. Can't think of one reason why they should not write such a plugin

More
13 years 6 months ago #70394 by Olivier Karfis
FYI, on Twitter, Fotis announced a beta version of the Disqus plugin for K2. Have been playing with it on a test server and so far it works perfectly (keep in mind, the comments don't appear in the backend as K2 comments would)... I'm sure that Joomlaworks would appreciate help testing it.  Feedback to be submitted on Twitter to @joomlaworks

@joomlaworks "Disqus for K2 v1.0 (beta) in #joomla 1.5: bit.ly/DisqusForK2"

More
10 years 11 months ago #70395 by P. Mamba Mulumba
Replied by P. Mamba Mulumba on topic Re: How to integrate disqus comments with K2
Hello Y'all,

Here the link for the plugin that solved it for me : it's a plugin for Disqus for K2 :

extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extension-specific/k2-extensions/21344

Enjoy !

Pierre