Keyword

K2 needs to be connectable with Feedgator and ArticleGenerator.

• Walter Howard
  • Walter Howard's Avatar Topic Author
More
15 years 1 month ago #70396 by Walter Howard
I think that K2 needs either to be able to connect to the feedgator and articleGenerator components, or the import from Joomla needs to be include section and category selections.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 weeks ago #70397 by FidelGonzales
Not so sure what you're asking, but you merely need to grab the primary RSS URL from K2 and insert it into the Feedgator configuration field.

• Walter Howard
More
15 years 4 weeks ago #70398 by Walter Howard
FidelGonzales said:Not so sure what you're asking, but you merely need to grab the primary RSS URL from K2 and insert it into the Feedgator configuration field.

Thanks, I'll try that.

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #70399 by Steve Rokette
FidelGonzales,

What do you mean exactly? Because We are also looking into getting content from FeedGator & ArticleGenerator Component direct into K2.

the situation right now is that the K2 Import always adds the section as a new K2 category even if it (by name) already exists.

Could you not change the importer so that for each article
1) The Section of the Article is added as K2 category (only when it does not exists)
2) The Category of the Article is added as K2 Subcategory (only if it does not exists in the parent K2 category)

Or does the direct connection from FeedGator & ArticleGenerator Component direct into K2 solve my challenge?

With kind regards,
Steve

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #70400 by Steve Rokette
All,

We could always change the import function in the model/items.php but that will make me brake any future updates of K2

Steve

• Walter Howard
More
15 years 3 weeks ago #70401 by Walter Howard
Steve C.J. Rokette said:All,
We could always change the import function in the model/items.php but that will make me brake any future updates of K2

Steve

I'm not sure it's a good idea to do that. maybe what's needed is a field for the URl or list to select a component to connect with?

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #70402 by Steve Rokette
Yes that might not be the case! i saw a import script from twitter.com/gnomeontherun is this script still suitable for K2 Version 2?

More
14 years 10 months ago #70403 by klinkz
Can we edit (if so witch file ?) some PHP where it say section/category so it could be send to k2/category or something of a sort ? for section and category we could put and IF ..ELSE or TRUE and FALSE bloc in the file where it send the creation of article ??

sorry but i'm still a n00b.

cheer

Steve C.J. Rokette said:Yes that might not be the case! i saw a import script from twitter.com/gnomeontherun is this script still suitable for K2 Version 2?

• Walter Howard
More
14 years 10 months ago #70404 by Walter Howard
klinkz said:Can we edit (if so witch file ?) some PHP where it say section/category so it could be send to k2/category or something of a sort ? for section and category we could put and IF ..ELSE or TRUE and FALSE bloc in the file where it send the creation of article ??
sorry but i'm still a n00b.

cheer

Steve C.J. Rokette said:Yes that might not be the case! i saw a import script from twitter.com/gnomeontherun is this script still suitable for K2 Version 2?

Actually, it may be better for all of us in the community to request (somehow) that the developer(s) add a feedagtor and/ ArticleGenerator function(s). K2's functionality is actually better than Joomla's, I think. The best part of it is that it's so young in development. They've done a fabulous job with this component. Thanks Guys.

Walt

More
13 years 9 months ago #70405 by Matthew Faulds
Feed Gator has undergone a lot of work over the last few months and is considerably better than it was. It now natively supports importing in K2 too! Check it out here at the JED