Keyword

Joomfish Menu Translation

More
14 years 7 months ago #70510 by blahblah
Replied by blahblah on topic Joomfish Menu Translation
Did this fix ever get added to K2.2? I added this solution [menu.xml] to my K2.1 site and then I recently upgraded to K2.2. When I compare the install folder for K2.2 in admin > components > com_joomfish > contentelements it includes only 7 files (none of which is menu.xml):

k2_attachments.xml
k2_categories.xml
k2_extra_fields.xml
k2_items
k2_tags
k2_users
translationK2_categoryFilter.php

I continue to have issues with tranlations in Joomfish missing the ID number at the end (see below).

If I remove the menu.xml file from admin > components > com_joomfish > contentelements
then I get the error in the admin backend:

Fatal error: Call to a member function getTable() on a non-object in /home/xxx/public_html/administrator/components/com_joomfish/models/ContentObject.php on line 669

Any ideas?

JoomlaWorks said:@Chucknology Thanks for that. We'll check out your solution and once we verify it works we'll integrate it into 2.2.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #70511 by Emanuel Rosenzweig
Replied by Emanuel Rosenzweig on topic Joomfish Menu Translation
It seams that they didn't add the corrected xml to version 2.2.
Anyway, I changed the menu.xml accordingly (the line of the "link") and everything works fine now.

If you only have the k2 xml files in your joomfish, then something is wrong with your installation of joomfish. Try to re-install. You should have there by default all the files which define the translation of the core elements of Joomla.

More
14 years 7 months ago #70512 by mattian
Replied by mattian on topic Joomfish Menu Translation
This info was great! Thank you so much!

Amy

More
14 years 6 months ago #70513 by G Rodafinos
Replied by G Rodafinos on topic Joomfish Menu Translation
I have the new versions and it doesnt work for me.

I made a test installation too, with all new versions.
Installed joomla, joomfish, k2 2.2.
I even changed the menu.xml file as mentioned.
Still the same.
help?

More
14 years 6 months ago #70514 by lorenzo emanuelli
Replied by lorenzo emanuelli on topic Joomfish Menu Translation
Tnx fo your help, it works without changes!!! I have one more question... I'd change the template too when I translate in another language: I put this string in the xml Select template but it doesn't work, I think because the field "select template" is disabled in the menu. Could you help me? Tnx very much

Chucknology said:I found a solution for translation of menus that worked for me.....I went looking in the menu.xml file and tried some adaptations till it worked...see my xml file in attachment and change yours with this one (backup before trying anyway) put the file in: administrator/components/com_joomfish/contentelements
afterwards go to the menu translation in joomfish...open each menu and click 'copy' next to it and you'll see it copies the complete url now....
Lemme know if it worked out!

More
14 years 3 months ago #70515 by gg4u
Replied by gg4u on topic Joomfish Menu Translation
Thanks a lot Chucknology!!!

Isam Ishaq said:Thank you. The file worked for me without any changes.
Chucknology said:I found a solution for translation of menus that worked for me.....I went looking in the menu.xml file and tried some adaptations till it worked...see my xml file in attachment and change yours with this one (backup before trying anyway) put the file in: administrator/components/com_joomfish/contentelements afterwards go to the menu translation in joomfish...open each menu and click 'copy' next to it and you'll see it copies the complete url now....
Lemme know if it worked out!

More
14 years 2 months ago #70516 by Steven Zeegers
Replied by Steven Zeegers on topic Joomfish Menu Translation
The fix of Chucknlogy works like a charm for me. If you don't mind I'll be posting this fix on my blog!

More
14 years 2 months ago #70517 by Steven Zeegers
Replied by Steven Zeegers on topic Joomfish Menu Translation
That's odd, I had the exact same problem and the menu.xml fix solved that for me. Did you click the "copy URL" button in your "translation" after uploading the menu.xml file? That did the trick for me.

Eric said:That's fine if that solutions works for you. Hopefully it works for lots of people, but I still have the same issue as below. The K2 Main Menu link brings the user to the entire content of the website instead of just the 1 category the Menu is assigned to when translated w/ Joomfish.
The Menu links are fine in their original language and bring the user to just the category they are assigned to. Once translated the entire content of the website is shown.

Toretto said:The fix of Chucknlogy works like a charm for me. If you don't mind I'll be posting this fix on my blog!

More
14 years 2 months ago #70518 by Leonardo
Replied by Leonardo on topic Joomfish Menu Translation
Hi Eric, I have the same your issue "The K2 Main Menu link brings the user to the entire content of the website instead of just the 1 category the Menu is assigned to when translated w/ Joomfish".

After i have spent 3 days on it, i found a little workaround.
Basically in order to display the correct layout for K2 category pointed from the menu link, you need to change the menu alias in your translation therefore don't copy the menu alias from the original language but write something else. I know it sounds crazy but trust me i can't figure out whatelse i can do in order to fix this bug.

Remember to clear the joomla cache after this change. I am really disappointed about the idea to not have an alternative to Joomfish which in my opinion is just shit.

More
14 years 2 months ago #70519 by Leonardo
Replied by Leonardo on topic Joomfish Menu Translation
I figured it out, once you put the Chucknology menu.xml file, make sure to "copy the url" in each menu translation that point to the same k2 category page. In my case problem was still there because i forgot to fix the url on the footer menu that was linked to the same k2 category page as the one in the main menu.

I don't know if it make sense but I hope it can help!

BTW sorry for my bad english :(

Leonardo said:Hi Eric, I have the same your issue "The K2 Main Menu link brings the user to the entire content of the website instead of just the 1 category the Menu is assigned to when translated w/ Joomfish". After i have spent 3 days on it, i found a little workaround.
Basically in order to display the correct layout for K2 category pointed from the menu link, you need to change the menu alias in your translation therefore don't copy the menu alias from the original language but write something else. I know it sounds crazy but trust me i can't figure out whatelse i can do in order to fix this bug.

Remember to clear the joomla cache after this change. I am really disappointed about the idea to not have an alternative to Joomfish which in my opinion is just shit.