Keyword

Joomfish Menu Translation

More
14 years 2 months ago #70520 by ruigato
Replied by ruigato on topic Joomfish Menu Translation
worked like i charm. Thanks! i was about to shoot my head, spent hours looking for a problem.

This should be fixed in a next release

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #70521 by Danny Malouin
Replied by Danny Malouin on topic Joomfish Menu Translation
PHIEW!

Thanks for the fix Chucknology!

Question, is this a K2 bug or a Joomfish bug ?

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #70522 by Bernhard Stippig
Replied by Bernhard Stippig on topic Joomfish Menu Translation
You are the best. Thanks so much!

Chucknology said:I found a solution for translation of menus that worked for me.....I went looking in the menu.xml file and tried some adaptations till it worked...see my xml file in attachment and change yours with this one (backup before trying anyway) put the file in: administrator/components/com_joomfish/contentelements
afterwards go to the menu translation in joomfish...open each menu and click 'copy' next to it and you'll see it copies the complete url now....
Lemme know if it worked out!

More
13 years 10 months ago #70523 by nature1
Replied by nature1 on topic Joomfish Menu Translation
WOW!!! What a relief!
I did it! And guess what? - IT WORKS!!!
Chucknology, you are just GREAT for sharing this workaround. I am new to Web design and even each little thing takes time. But this issue was driving me crazy for weeks. I asked for support on the forum. But nobody got back to me. I was frustrated and today was just searching thru the posts and... found this. I was scared of trying, cause do not understand web code at all. But then, finally gave up and compared your code and the code I have in my file and found only one line difference. Joomfish has a line with some kind "READ ONLY" code and you have line with code for copying lengths... So, I just overlaid their "READ ONLY" (which definitely caused an issue) line with your code.
SO, IT WORKS!!!
Thank you again!!!

Chucknology said:I found a solution for translation of menus that worked for me.....I went looking in the menu.xml file and tried some adaptations till it worked...see my xml file in attachment and change yours with this one (backup before trying anyway)put the file in: administrator/components/com_joomfish/contentelementsafterwards go to the menu translation in joomfish...open each menu and click 'copy' next to it and you'll see it copies the complete url now....Lemme know if it worked out!

More
13 years 10 months ago #70524 by Sven Peeters
Replied by Sven Peeters on topic Joomfish Menu Translation
For me its a joomfish bug. Hope it'll be integrated by now.

Danny Malouin said:PHIEW!
Thanks for the fix Chucknology!

Question, is this a K2 bug or a Joomfish bug ?

More
13 years 10 months ago #70525 by Dave Marshall
Replied by Dave Marshall on topic Joomfish Menu Translation
Just another confirmation that this does work! Thanks for the fix Chucknology!!!

• Massimo Marchetto
More
13 years 10 months ago #70526 by Massimo Marchetto
Replied by Massimo Marchetto on topic Joomfish Menu Translation
Bad news. There is something wrong with latest joomfish release - 2.1.5 - November the 24th.
I had to rollback to jf 2.0.4. The problem is: joomfish + k2 + homepage link to a k2 article = caos.
Dear Chucknology, please, can you save us, please?

More
13 years 10 months ago #70527 by Sven Peeters
Massimo, I will check this out but it might take a while since I'm very vusy now. What Joomla version and K2 are you using?

Massimo Marchetto said:Bad news. There is something wrong with latest joomfish release - 2.1.5 - November the 24th. I had to rollback to jf 2.0.4. The problem is: joomfish + k2 + homepage link to a k2 article = caos.
Dear Chucknology, please, can you save us, please?

• Massimo Marchetto
More
13 years 10 months ago #70528 by Massimo Marchetto
Replied by Massimo Marchetto on topic Joomfish Menu Translation
joomla 1.5.22
joomfish 2.1.5
k2 2.4.1
+ your menu.xml !

I have solved returning back to joomfish 2.0.4

Thanks!

Chucknology said:Massimo, I will check this out but it might take a while since I'm very vusy now. What Joomla version and K2 are you using?
Massimo Marchetto said:Bad news. There is something wrong with latest joomfish release - 2.1.5 - November the 24th. I had to rollback to jf 2.0.4. The problem is: joomfish + k2 + homepage link to a k2 article = caos. Dear Chucknology, please, can you save us, please?

More
13 years 8 months ago #70529 by Sven Peeters
Massimo,

I'm using Joomla 1.5.22 stable, Joomfish 2.1.5 and K2 2.4.1...I just uploaded my menu.xml file on my new website setup and it works like a charm.
Massimo Marchetto said:

joomla 1.5.22 joomfish 2.1.5
k2 2.4.1
+ your menu.xml !

I have solved returning back to joomfish 2.0.4

Thanks!

Chucknology said:
Massimo, I will check this out but it might take a while since I'm very vusy now. What Joomla version and K2 are you using? Massimo Marchetto said:
Bad news. There is something wrong with latest joomfish release - 2.1.5 - November the 24th. I had to rollback to jf 2.0.4. The problem is: joomfish + k2 + homepage link to a k2 article = caos. Dear Chucknology, please, can you save us, please?