Keyword

Columns

• Jonah Kyle
  • Jonah Kyle's Avatar Topic Author
More
15 years 1 month ago #70765 by Jonah Kyle
Columns was created by Jonah Kyle
In the pre-stable release of K-2, the Columns parameter allowed me to specify the amount of columns for displaying sub-category titles. However, in the new stable environment, the Columns parameter (located in the "Category View Options" grouping) does not seem to work. My category list still shows only one column. Is this a bug, or am I doing anything wrong?

EDIT: I have been able to determine from Firebug that the correct style calculation percentage is being shown. Here is the particular line from the source (tag brackets removed as indicated):

(left bracket) div class="subCategoryContainer" style="width: 33.3%;" (right bracket)

...which appears to be correct, as I need three columns. I've looked at the CSS for subCategoryContainer, but can't really find anything to explain the discrepancy.

In addition, the column width formatting appears to be working correctly as single items are wrapping within the constraints of the width designation (in this case, about 1/3 of the area). It just is not carrying over to the 2nd and 3rd columns, as it did in the pre-stable release.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jonah Kyle
  • Jonah Kyle's Avatar Topic Author
More
15 years 1 month ago #70766 by Jonah Kyle
Replied by Jonah Kyle on topic Columns
<<BUMP>>

I have tried several different tactics, by playing with the CSS file, using the inline statement, and even tried to programatically create a table structure. No luck.

Frankly, this function worked well in the pre-stable release. Does anyone have any hints on what I could correct? I am ok at php coding, but I would like a solution directed specifically for K2. I'm sure that there are others having problems displaying columns in subcategories.

More
15 years 5 days ago #70767 by FeSys
Replied by FeSys on topic Columns
Check out the width of your template.. add the size.

More
14 years 2 months ago #70768 by Arnold Thompson
Replied by Arnold Thompson on topic Columns
I have the same issue but it is only on MS IExplorer that one column is displayed for categories. Both Google Chrome and Firefox display two columns of Items as defined in my properties.

Is there an issue with IExplorer for category displays?

It is frustrating because I will have to scrap K2 if I cannot figure this out.

More
14 years 2 months ago #70769 by Arnold Thompson
Replied by Arnold Thompson on topic Columns
I have the same issue but it is only on MS IExplorer that one column is displayed for categories. Both Google Chrome and Firefox display two columns of Items as defined in my properties.

Is there an issue with IExplorer for category displays?

It is frustrating because I will have to scrap K2 if I cannot figure this out.

More
13 years 11 months ago #70770 by strummsteel
Replied by strummsteel on topic Columns
I think I may have found a fix for you

community.getk2.org/forum/topics/column-fix-for-subcategories