Keyword

How can I include a co-author? Can an unregistered user be an author?

• Badil Resource
  • Badil Resource's Avatar Topic Author
More
15 years 1 month ago #70823 by Badil Resource
We are trying to use K2 for the online version of a print publication, a quarterly magazine. There have been dozens of authors since the mag was started, and many of the articles have had more than one author (rarely any more than three). My questions:

1. Is there a way to list an author without having to set up a user account for the person? (I still want to be able to use the author list module so visitors to the page can search articles by author)

2. What do I do in the case of co-authored articles? Some of the article authors have written on their own and as second authors.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 1 month ago #70824 by JoomlaWorks
1. Nope. Use the "author alias" to use the name of an unregistered author. This post -which is obviously gonna be done by some existing user, will NOT be listed in that user's profile page.

2. Again use the "author alias" to add multiple names. We will work on an option to check if the "author alias" includes names of existing users in the system and thus override the above behaviour mentioned in 1.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
15 years 1 month ago #70825 by Isam Ishaq
One more issue with using the "author alias" for users that does not exist on the system, is that the author name is automatically hyper linked to the main page of the site. I think that in this case the author name should not be linked to anywhere.

More
14 years 1 week ago #70826 by Himangi
Hi,

Have you found solution for the author alias link issue? I tried to find a solution but could not find any. Do I need to hack k2 to unlink author alias??

thanks in anticipation!

regards.