Keyword

SH404SEF K2 Plugin - Where did it go?

• JoomLancing Web Services
  • JoomLancing Web Services's Avatar Topic Author
More
15 years 1 month ago #70985 by JoomLancing Web Services
SH404SEF K2 Plugin - Where did it go? was created by JoomLancing Web Services
Hi Everyone,
I just installed K2 and find it very amazing! However, I use SH404SEF and I am not getting the sef urls I need; ie: /category/this-is-the-url.html instead of component/k2/.... I've noticed that other sites used to sell the SH404SEF plugin, but for some reason the sites unpublished/removed it.

Does anyone still have the plugin zip file for K2 and SH404SEF, and if so, can you send me a link to DL it? Or, have a recommendation where I can find the plugin to implement?

If I need to resort to artio joomsef, I will, just to have the sef urls and K2 :)

Look forward to any help from the JoomlaWorks K2 Community.

Thanks,
Tammy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 1 month ago #70986 by FidelGonzales

• Clifford Sonnentag
More
14 years 5 months ago #70987 by Clifford Sonnentag
Replied by Clifford Sonnentag on topic SH404SEF K2 Plugin - Where did it go?
As of K2 v2.1

Native sh404SEF support
- K2 now fully supports sh404SEF natively.
- Includes 2 parameters to further extend sh404SEF's URL re-writing.

More
12 years 11 months ago #70988 by tim
Replied by tim on topic SH404SEF K2 Plugin - Where did it go?
hi just reading this and there seems to be a problem with k2 and the world news 2 template and sh404sef. they do not seem to work together. has anyone had this problem where you are not getting friendly urls with the k2 and joomla 1.7

More
12 years 11 months ago #70989 by william white
Replied by william white on topic SH404SEF K2 Plugin - Where did it go?
I am using the quickstart 1.5+K2 2.5svn of wn2 from gavick and it seems to work ok

havent tested with 1.7 quickstart yet

More
12 years 11 months ago #70990 by tim
if you get a chance have a check of the joomla 1.7 template. it seems to happen when you have k2 running and sh404sef. what happens is, when you have a main page lets say under entertainment then you can have an advert there in top 4 position but if you try and have an advert on the actual article from that section then it does not show. the module positions do not show once you make your own category.

I have spoken to the owners at the template club for news world and they have agreed there is a problem and are hoping that someone on here will have the solution. I have been trying to sort this out for days and nothing has worked

More
12 years 11 months ago #70991 by william white
If you turn sef off will the module show in your own category? How are you adding the advert to the K2 Item?/ or do you mean joomla article?

I may be reading this incorrectly but it seems like more than one issue?

More
12 years 11 months ago #70992 by tim
Hi

. What i have been doing is. I have a menu of showbiz gossip as seen here www.in2town.co.uk/Entertainment/Showbiz-Gossip/

This has been done by the name in the main menu of showbiz gossip and then with a setting of articles category blog (please not i have also tried it as k2 com) and then i use custom html and place the advert in there and set it for right top or top 3. now on the main page it works for showbiz gossip where it shows an advert on the right but when you go into an article such as this www.in2town.co.uk/x-factor-goldie-cheung-quits-show-due-to-pressure then the advert does not show.

What i wanted to do is to have an advert at the top on the right hand side and then underneath that i wanted the latest news module and then under that another advert.

the template developer turned off part of sef and the module did show with the advert but then we had an unfriendly url address where it shown index as part of the url

More
12 years 11 months ago #70993 by william white
I assigned the module gknews4 to right top (as you did your custom html) in the default quickstart (still 1.5/2.5svn w/sef enabled)

Assigned it to the Menu choice - news chronicle as well as home

and got the result you see in the attached png

More
12 years 11 months ago #70994 by william white
plz see friend request and pm me for GoToMeeting