Keyword

How to get rid of folder images for categories?

More
15 years 1 month ago #71005 by vcize
I'm just looking to display a list of the nested categories at the top of my site.

So basically, say I have Category A that has sub-category 1, and category 1 has sub-categories i and ii.

When they open up Category A, they see the sub-category 1, if they click on that, they see the sub category i and ii.

I have two problems. Firstly, it's showing basically an expanded list of all my categories instead of just the ones at the current level.

Secondly, it's showing these giant annoying folder images that take up all kinds of space instead of just a list of categories. I've selected "no image" or "hide" for just about everywhere that I could find on each of the categories, but these dang folder icons still show up.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 1 month ago #71006 by carloshhp
Replied by carloshhp on topic How to get rid of folder images for categories?
problem 1: idk

problem 2: go to edit your category, in parameters go to category view options, and sot to hide Title(if u dont want it), Item counter, description, IMAGE... and u can also set the subcategories there

More
15 years 1 month ago #71007 by vcize
I have Image set to hidden in that menu, still get the folder icons though :(

More
14 years 4 days ago #71008 by K Breeden
Replied by K Breeden on topic How to get rid of folder images for categories?
To get rid of those folder images, you need to edit the K2 Category, not the K2 Item.

So go into your K2 Categories, select the relevant Category to edit it. Then in the Category View Options, you'll see "Image" with a radio button next to it for "hide" or "show". Just check "Hide" and all should be well.

More
13 years 7 months ago #71009 by Odin Mayland
Replied by Odin Mayland on topic How to get rid of folder images for categories?
I'm guessing that most people miss the parameters about the "

Sub-category handling" blue bar. When you open the "

Category View Options" it scrolls up and I repeatedly didn't see it.

More
13 years 7 months ago #71010 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic How to get rid of folder images for categories?
Please check the documents at www.simon.getk2.org.

This control, as already stated is within the category parameters.

Consider also, you have master image dimensions with in the K2 parameters.These values for s, m, l etc can then be selected at category level and also over ridden to a different size too.

Simon

K2 Support