Keyword

Image posission

More
14 years 7 months ago #71046 by troponin
Replied by troponin on topic Image posission
your k2.css isn't inserted to your page - plz take a look if it is uploaded to the server on this places :

component/com_k2/templates/default/

or at

templates/yourjoomlatemplate/html/com_k2/templates/default

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #71047 by Paulette Nelsen
Replied by Paulette Nelsen on topic Image posission
I have it the k2.css loaded into the component/com_k2/templates/default. I do not understand what else would be expected of this file? Everything else in that default directory is .php. Did I put it in the right place? I put {float:left} in where required.

I notice that when I look at the site and view source on images that have been uploaded with K2 (using firebug) I do not see the k2.css come up. I see it on Bergur's site though.

More
14 years 7 months ago #71048 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic Image posission
I did something similar on my test E-Store page have a look here.
Although not styled 100% as yet, i think it what you are after.

More
14 years 7 months ago #71049 by Simon Wells
Troponin is correct, k2style.css is not being used.

Attached is an image I took, showing the page, HTML and the css files being called on that page.

Effectively, you have an image block and the intro text block.
There is no css applied by K2 only your template, to allow the intro text to float next to the image.
Do you have Overide K2 Style set in K2 Parameters?

K2Joom said:I did something similar on my test E-Store page have a look here. Although not styled 100% as yet, i think it what you are after.

More
14 years 7 months ago #71050 by Paulette Nelsen
Replied by Paulette Nelsen on topic Image posission
Hey! You guys rock! It was the styles being disabled - I am so relieved to have the left-align working now:) Thank you so much!! Now maybe things will make a little more sense.

More
14 years 7 months ago #71051 by Simon Wells
Glad to hear you got it working Paulette.

Bergur, how is your issue?

More
14 years 7 months ago #71052 by Simon Wells
At the moment you have itemImageBlock and itemFullText in separate div blocks.
You need to get both contained in the same block so that you can the wrap the text.

Float the image left and place the item Full Text within the imageblock.

Do you have FireBug, for Firefox?
That will make it easy to modify your Css and HTML on your site, without actually saving the files or others seeing the changes. You can then see what suits you best and find links to the files that need to be changed.

Zach Weinman said:Please excuse me if I'm asking an ignorant question, I have been struggling with this for hours. I made sure the override k2 styles perimeter was not checked. The css changes described seem to left-justify the categories, but I want the text to wrap around my image on the item page e.g.:
www.bmwmotorcyclebattery.com/component/k2/item/1-k1222

I messed with the css and I found that changing /k2/css/k2.css:
span.itemImage (line 145)

{
display: block;
text-align: center;
margin-top: 0pt;
margin-right: 0pt;
margin-bottom: 8px;
margin-left: 0pt;
}
--->
{
display: inline;
text-align: left;
margin-top: 0pt;
margin-right: 0pt;
margin-bottom: 8px;
margin-left: 0pt;
}

I can get the image to justify to the left, but cannot get the text to wrap around. Can anyone help me with this?

More
14 years 4 months ago #71053 by Thambi Yousuf
Replied by Thambi Yousuf on topic Image posission
hi simon,

there was an earlier tutorial on this wrap text around images on k2joom, but i dont find the link on k2joom now. pls somehow get me the link. every time i see k2joom it is getting better and better - so fast and so informative- but all the old links on k2joom - i search everywhere could not get it. pls help

thambi
singapore
htt://www.samratbazaar.com.sg

K2Joom said:Troponin is correct, k2style.css is not being used.
Attached is an image I took, showing the page, HTML and the css files being called on that page.

There is no css applied by K2 only your template, to allow the intro text to float next to the image.

K2Joom said:I did something similar on my test E-Store page have a look here. Although not styled 100% as yet, i think it what you are after.

More
13 years 8 months ago #71054 by Tim Miller
Replied by Tim Miller on topic Image posission
Hey Guys,

How dies this effect item view with intro text? It should be the same either way correct?

Meaning, I'm not messing with the layout of the K2 core placing the intro text inside the image block...What if there is no image...will I still see intro text?

Thambi Yousuf said:

hi simon,
there was an earlier tutorial on this wrap text around images on k2joom, but i dont find the link on k2joom now. pls somehow get me the link. every time i see k2joom it is getting better and better - so fast and so informative- but all the old links on k2joom - i search everywhere could not get it. pls help

thambi
singapore

K2Joom said:
Troponin is correct, k2style.css is not being used. Attached is an image I took, showing the page, HTML and the css files being called on that page.

K2Joom said:
I did something similar on my test E-Store page have a look here. Although not styled 100% as yet, i think it what you are after.

More
13 years 8 months ago #71055 by Tim Miller
Replied by Tim Miller on topic Image posission
Ok,

I've actually gotten this to work. The main issue however is that if NO image has been uploaded or selected in the image tab, the intro text WILL NOT display in a category-item listing. Only the individual item.

How can I by-pass this?
Tim Miller said:

Hey Guys,

How dies this effect item view with intro text? It should be the same either way correct?

Meaning, I'm not messing with the layout of the K2 core placing the intro text inside the image block...What if there is no image...will I still see intro text?

Thambi Yousuf said:

hi simon, there was an earlier tutorial on this wrap text around images on k2joom, but i dont find the link on k2joom now. pls somehow get me the link. every time i see k2joom it is getting better and better - so fast and so informative- but all the old links on k2joom - i search everywhere could not get it. pls help

thambi
singapore

K2Joom said:
Troponin is correct, k2style.css is not being used. Attached is an image I took, showing the page, HTML and the css files being called on that page.

K2Joom said:
I did something similar on my test E-Store page have a look here. Although not styled 100% as yet, i think it what you are after.