Keyword

Frontpage edit window size

More
14 years 6 months ago #71195 by suesbarn
Replied by suesbarn on topic Frontpage edit window size
I am trying to get around this in a different way, by making a copy of the "save" and "cancel" buttons and putting them at the bottom of the edit window. That way the user can just close the window or save from the bottom.

But, When I copy the table the buttons are in in the form.php file, and paste at the bottom of the page, the cancel button does not work. I don't know enough php to fix this - can anyone help with this?

thanks,
Sue

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #71196 by suesbarn
Replied by suesbarn on topic Frontpage edit window size
-I mean Javascript

suesbarn said:I am trying to get around this in a different way, by making a copy of the "save" and "cancel" buttons and putting them at the bottom of the edit window. That way the user can just close the window or save from the bottom.But, When I copy the table the buttons are in in the form.php file, and paste at the bottom of the page, the cancel button does not work. I don't know enough php to fix this - can anyone help with this?thanks,Sue

More
14 years 1 month ago #71197 by Jasper Newton
Replied by Jasper Newton on topic Frontpage edit window size
Ok, so now I'm pretty much at the end of my tether with this. It is nothing short of ridiculous that there is no real solution (if there is it's being kept very well hidden). I have finally resolved the issue of the add new item modal size when opened through the category itself. This is the part i can NOT do:
In the k2 login module, when you click "add new item" the opening modal is too big for the screen, so much so you can not see the top and bottom of it. When I have submitted this request before, I have had suggestions like "try resizing it". As constructive as that is, I have clearly thought of that option. If anybody can resolve this issue, I would be very grateful.

I have changed the following files which ONLY affect the category item and does NOT affect the add new item through k2 login module;

components/com_k2/templates/default/category.php
components/com_k2/templates/default/item.php
components/com_k2/templates/user.php

I have also altered the files in the template folders as well (JA Ores)

I am relatively new to this game but can get by, so if anybody can help, and knows the exact file I need to alter then please tell me where it is

Many thanks
Jasper

More
14 years 1 month ago #71198 by Jasper Newton
Replied by Jasper Newton on topic Frontpage edit window size
resolved it. started a new discussion as I couldn't fit the answer in the text box :D
Hopefully this link works:

community.getk2.org/forum/topics/k2-add-new-item-window-resize?xg_source=activity" target="_blank">Discussion

• Christian Matthieas
  • Premium Member
More
13 years 11 months ago #71199 by Christian Matthieas
Replied by Christian Matthieas on topic Frontpage edit window size
I created a whole darned response with code and this stupid forum doesn't use bbbcode..

making life easier i see.