Keyword

How to remove category and article ID from SEF URL

• Darren Pinder
  • Darren Pinder's Avatar Topic Author
More
15 years 1 month ago #71200 by Darren Pinder
Hey everyone,

I've installed the K2 plugin, and so far it's A+++ fantastic. My only problem is that it is putting category and article IDs into my SEF URLs.

Category example: 79.170.40.171/in2-training.com/our-courses/itemlist/category...
Article example: 79.170.40.171/in2-training.com/our-courses/item/2-microsoft%...

I'd really like to remove these IDs from the beginning of the URLs - they're quite unsightly, and don't make sense to users.

That's the main thing - if you could also tell me how to remove the /itemlist/category/ or the /item/ folders from the SEFs (so the URLs are just category / item specific) that would be fabulous too.

Many thanks for your help!

Darren

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #71201 by Francis Darren
Replied by Francis Darren on topic How to remove category and article ID from SEF URL
I want to do the same thing. Did you find a solution?

More
14 years 1 month ago #71202 by Herbert Josefus
Replied by Herbert Josefus on topic How to remove category and article ID from SEF URL
I have the same problem. Does anyone have a solution?

More
13 years 6 months ago #71203 by Herbert Josefus
Replied by Herbert Josefus on topic How to remove category and article ID from SEF URL
I still have the problem hat google indexes URLs which contain .../itemlist... or .../itemlist/user/62-administrator?start=10...

I don't know where google gets these URLs from?? I can't find them on my joomla website.

Can anybody help me with that problem?

Thanks and best regards

Herbert

More
13 years 5 months ago #71204 by Josh
Im having this issue too. im getting urls like /home/itemlist, /home/item, itemlist/user/ etc

I started this thread about this

community.getk2.org/forum/topics/duplicate-titles-and-urls

Herbert Josefus said:

I still have the problem hat google indexes URLs which contain .../itemlist... or .../itemlist/user/62-administrator?start=10...

I don't know where google gets these URLs from?? I can't find them on my joomla website.

Can anybody help me with that problem?

Thanks and best regards

Herbert

More
13 years 3 months ago #71205 by Blid
Anyone found a solution for this ?

What plugin can I install ?