Keyword

Frontend Public Access to add and edit items

More
15 years 1 month ago #71283 by nos
ive been working with joomla for a while now and recently decided to try out this K2 setup.
its an awesome bit of kit... and ive been able to tweak it just right to display things how I like them... EXCEPT for one thing.

I cant figure out for the life of me how to open the frontend right up so anyone and everyone can add items and edit them ( without loggin in ). this website Im creating is for internal users and has no requirements for application security. we need it to be very free and very open ( well the front end anyway)

has anyone been down this road before? Ive done plenty of google searches as well as searches through this forum, so I hope im not start a new discussion on something thats already been covered. i might be missing something obvious

thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #71284 by nos
(Bump) I guess this cant be done...
anyone have a solution or a work around?

More
14 years 6 months ago #71285 by Buddy Q
Replied by Buddy Q on topic Frontend Public Access to add and edit items
Hey someone at K2...

I completely agree with this. I am looking for the same exact functionality. I really can't believe this has not been rectified. I expect to be able to make a menu option in my Usermenu and be able to select K2 and 'Add Items' option in there. That would then pop the gigantic lightbox, that does not scale to the size of the window, up and allow the user to add items.

Are there any plans in the very near future to add this functionality to this component? I love the component but more and more am finding huge downsides with it. The whole point of my sites are to not give them backend access to add some simple listings.

Buddy

More
14 years 6 months ago #71286 by BBCYP
I can't help on your query but for what is worth i wouldn't expect a CMS to be 'login free' so don't think its a negative that K2 doesn't offer this. The CMS logic surely is there are three types of site user 'visitor', 'contributor' and 'administrator'.

I cannot help but think that application security gives benefits for minimal disruption to the users, i mean once they log in and 'remember me' then they are im , even when they return next day but you/they get the benefit of tracking changes (to a certain degree), just make all members an editor level and they can all amend to their hearts content ?

More
14 years 6 months ago #71287 by Buddy Q
Replied by Buddy Q on topic Frontend Public Access to add and edit items
Yea I see your point on the security issue and tracking changes. I agree with that. I did find how to do what I wanted to do. I just did not see the option the first time around. There is an option in the settings part of K2 which says "Add item from frontend" or something like that. It was set to 'no'. I changed it to yes. I can use the Joomla! login component to log a user in and it works just fine. I hid everything else in the K2 login module because all the stuff in there was blowing out my design and uneeded. Now when a user is logged in, It just says "Add Listings" > add item. Pretty simple stuff.

So, I apologize if for overlooking this option and glad to say that K2 once again pulled through for me. This is a great component!! I love how easy it is to use and how powerful it can be. It needs some features and options but I love it.

Buddy

More
14 years 6 months ago #71288 by dantien
Replied by dantien on topic Frontend Public Access to add and edit items
I would also like to know....

Tony said:where did u find that option to Add- Item from the front end? I can't find it anywhere. I checked marked Edit from the front end, but I am still unable to find a way for my registered users to add their items
Buddy Q said:Yea I see your point on the security issue and tracking changes. I agree with that. I did find how to do what I wanted to do. I just did not see the option the first time around. There is an option in the settings part of K2 which says "Add item from frontend" or something like that. It was set to 'no'. I changed it to yes. I can use the Joomla! login component to log a user in and it works just fine. I hid everything else in the K2 login module because all the stuff in there was blowing out my design and uneeded. Now when a user is logged in, It just says "Add Listings" > add item. Pretty simple stuff. So, I apologize if for overlooking this option and glad to say that K2 once again pulled through for me. This is a great component!! I love how easy it is to use and how powerful it can be. It needs some features and options but I love it.

Buddy