Keyword

Duplicate links in K2 Xmap plugin

• James McCarthy
  • James McCarthy's Avatar Topic Author
More
15 years 1 month ago #71289 by James McCarthy
Duplicate links in K2 Xmap plugin was created by James McCarthy
I'm using the Xmap Plugin from Martin Herbst (www.mherbst.de) and it seems to work fine except it is duplicating the article links for each of my nested menu items. For instance, I have a news category with several subcategories and a total of 11 articles in the subcategories. Xmap lists 22 article links. Has anyone run into this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 1 month ago #71290 by Martin Herbst
Replied by Martin Herbst on topic Duplicate links in K2 Xmap plugin
James,

maybe I have a solution for you: is there a menu item for each of your articles. In this case they will appear twice because there is link from a menu item to the articles and then the link because of the subcategories.

Please try the following: open the configuration of the XMAP K2 plugin and select "No" for the option "Follow subcategories". Does this work? If not I will try to reproduce the problem in my environment.

Martin

• James McCarthy
More
15 years 1 month ago #71291 by James McCarthy
Replied by James McCarthy on topic Duplicate links in K2 Xmap plugin
Thanks Martin. I don't have direct article links but I do have links to the main categories and the subcategories. Here is a screen shot of my menu structure and site map:

Site Map

Menu Structure

Martin Herbst said:James,
maybe I have a solution for you: is there a menu item for each of your articles. In this case they will appear twice because there is link from a menu item to the articles and then the link because of the subcategories.

Please try the following: open the configuration of the XMAP K2 plugin and select "No" for the option "Follow subcategories". Does this work? If not I will try to reproduce the problem in my environment.

Martin

More
15 years 1 month ago #71292 by Martin Herbst
Replied by Martin Herbst on topic Duplicate links in K2 Xmap plugin
James,

I was not able to reproduce the behaviour exactly, but I have changed some things in my XMAP extension. Please try it with the latest version (0.6) that is available from my homepage.

Martin

James McCarthy said:Thanks Martin. I don't have direct article links but I do have links to the main categories and the subcategories. Here is a screen shot of my menu structure and site map:
Site Map

Menu Structure

Martin Herbst said:James, maybe I have a solution for you: is there a menu item for each of your articles. In this case they will appear twice because there is link from a menu item to the articles and then the link because of the subcategories.

Martin

• James McCarthy
More
15 years 1 month ago #71293 by James McCarthy
Martin,

I saw you reply to another thread on Friday and have already installed the new plugin. It works perfectly! I like the option to expand articles only in the XML site map - keeps the user site map nice and clean.

Thanks again for providing this plugin.

More
14 years 11 months ago #71294 by DrDigital
Replied by DrDigital on topic Duplicate links in K2 Xmap plugin
what was the other thread?

James McCarthy said:Martin,
I saw you reply to another thread on Friday and have already installed the new plugin. It works perfectly! I like the option to expand articles only in the XML site map - keeps the user site map nice and clean.

Thanks again for providing this plugin.

• James McCarthy
More
14 years 11 months ago #71295 by James McCarthy
Sorry, I don't recall. But the resolution was just to install the new version of Martin's plugin (0.6) which did solve the problem. Here's the link:

www.mherbst.de/en/software/downloads/category/1-k2.html

It looks like he has an even more recent version now which fixes a couple of other things.

More
10 years 4 months ago #71296 by Ara
Replied by Ara on topic Re: Duplicate links in K2 Xmap plugin
In xmap - k2 plugin there is option called 'Suppress Duplicates'. Set it to yes.

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #71297 by Tsyba
Replied by Tsyba on topic Re: Duplicate links in K2 Xmap plugin
The problem is even more if you use the language filter! To solve I have made some edits in three files... Correctly links of K2 articles in Xmap The fact that the list of items is limited to the current language, which prevents generate sitemap.xml with all the article sites