Keyword

How does K2 know an article has an image?

• James McCarthy
  • James McCarthy's Avatar Topic Author
More
15 years 1 month ago #71344 by James McCarthy
How does K2 know an article has an image? was created by James McCarthy
I see that when an image is uploaded, K2 creates the various sizes in the image cache but I don't see an image=1 or anything in the database. Does it look for the cache files every time the page is loaded?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 11 months ago #71345 by Ben Sims
Replied by Ben Sims on topic How does K2 know an article has an image?
Hi there,

In short; yes.

Unlike k2 v1.x (which did store the image names/location in the database) looks like v2.x it stores the images as a mld(5) of the item id in /media/k2/items/src & /media/k2/items/cache.

if you look in 'components/com_k2/models/item.php' around line 119 you'll see it looking for all the different image sizes and then assigning them to the item object.

Hope this helps.

More
14 years 10 months ago #71346 by Trond
Replied by Trond on topic How does K2 know an article has an image?
Hi!
For different SEO purposes I would like to have full control of the thumbnails file names, location, alt descr and titles. Is this possible?

Sincerely,
Trond

Oslo, Norway.

More
14 years 7 months ago #71347 by Heather
Replied by Heather on topic How does K2 know an article has an image?
Ben Sims said:Unlike k2 v1.x (which did store the image names/location in the database) looks like v2.x it stores the images as a mld(5) of the item id in /media/k2/items/src & /media/k2/items/cache.
if you look in 'components/com_k2/models/item.php' around line 119 you'll see it looking for all the different image sizes and then assigning them to the item object.

Hi Ben, I have a quick question. I moved a small K2 site yesterday from one server to another, and it no longer recognized any of the images as existing.

I have a MUCH larger site with hundreds of images, which are not convenient to reload all... any ideas on how I can make sure that it actually finds the item images in the cache, since they are not recorded in the database?

Thanks, Heather

More
14 years 5 months ago #71348 by Dolors Armadans
Replied by Dolors Armadans on topic How does K2 know an article has an image?
I'm also trying to see if there is a way to cahge K2 filenames of images. I coud not find where the filenames on the database are stored. I do nolt like the code names given for SEO reasons. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance and thaks for k2. I already used it in two sites.

Trond said:Hi! For different SEO purposes I would like to have full control of the thumbnails file names, location, alt descr and titles. Is this possible?

Sincerely,
Trond

• James McCarthy
  • James McCarthy's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 5 months ago #71349 by James McCarthy
Replied by James McCarthy on topic How does K2 know an article has an image?
I still haven't found a solution. I've done Google image searches on a number of K2 sites and it doesn't look like the MD5 hash images are ever indexed. If you're hoping to get traffic from image searches, K2 is probably not going to work very well. I'm really bummed - it's such a great system, but SEO is important so I'm experimenting with a couple of other CMS systems.

More
13 years 9 months ago #71350 by Pavel Constantin
Replied by Pavel Constantin on topic How does K2 know an article has an image?
Hi, I have a website made mostly with images. The K2 component is great but changing the meaningful name of an image  to some numbers is the worst idea ever. Please someone come with a solution.

More
13 years 7 months ago #71351 by Markus Amanto
Replied by Markus Amanto on topic How does K2 know an article has an image?
Hi all!

I was looking for a similar solution and posted a reply on this thread about it:

Where K2 store articles images in database?

More
13 years 7 months ago #71352 by Hover
Replied by Hover on topic How does K2 know an article has an image?
I saw That Markus Amanto thanks, now i am trying to modify it, if i succeed i will post what i did

Markus Amanto said:
Hi all!

I was looking for a similar solution and posted a reply on this thread about it:

Where K2 store articles images in database?