Keyword

Increase max file upload size

• Samuel Carbo III
  • Samuel Carbo III's Avatar Topic Author
More
15 years 1 month ago #71457 by Samuel Carbo III
Increase max file upload size was created by Samuel Carbo III
Is there a way to increase max upload size from 8mb to say 500?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 1 month ago #71458 by Manny Santos
Replied by Manny Santos on topic Increase max file upload size
That would be a Joomla /php setting, not K2. Search the Joomla forum on how to increase your php upload max. You might have to deal with your hosting provider if you can't get access to php.ini

More
14 years 8 months ago #71459 by FT1
Replied by FT1 on topic Increase max file upload size
Hello
I think there is a safer method to upload big files

As php.ini can't be modified on hosted sites we need a different upload method for big files

Usually, FTP have no file size limit on hosting providers (only limited for the hosting disk space you are paying for) so we can:
1) upload the file using ftp to the media folder and just make a reference (link) to it on the article.
2) modify the K2 code to allow the option to pickup a file from the media folder and from there make the same treatment as if it was uploaded with the form (even removing it from the media folder so no garbage left behind)

I'm going to take a look to the upload code, if I manage to implement the option 2 I'll post my mod here

More
14 years 7 months ago #71460 by piperchick
Replied by piperchick on topic Increase max file upload size
FY1, I am interested in this. I have tried to upload via FTP or media manager, but can't get K2 to recognise the default image for an article. I have changed my php.ini, and it works everywhere on my site (media manager and JCE image manager) except K2.

Keep us posted on your progress.

FT1 said:Hello I think there is a safer method to upload big files

As php.ini can't be modified on hosted sites we need a different upload method for big files

Usually, FTP have no file size limit on hosting providers (only limited for the hosting disk space you are paying for) so we can:
1) upload the file using ftp to the media folder and just make a reference (link) to it on the article.
2) modify the K2 code to allow the option to pickup a file from the media folder and from there make the same treatment as if it was uploaded with the form (even removing it from the media folder so no garbage left behind)

I'm going to take a look to the upload code, if I manage to implement the option 2 I'll post my mod here

• Samuel Carbo III
  • Samuel Carbo III's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 5 months ago #71461 by Samuel Carbo III
Replied by Samuel Carbo III on topic Increase max file upload size
hello everyone, I forgot I posted this so I will give you the answer to the question about upload size.

Everyone that says check your php.ini is correct, check it, make sure that your upload size is set to what you want it to be, if you are unsure, look over the joomla forums for the bit of code you need to add to your php.ini file.

Alright once that is done, this is how you fix it (well it worked for me) you should already have a php.ini file in your root directory (where your site is hosted) that you have access to. Most likely you are running joomla 1.5, if you are this means you should be running php5, thus a php.ini file will not work. Simply change the name of your 'php.ini' file to 'php5.ini' and if all the settings are correct in the file refresh your site and everything should work.

I hope my fix works for everyone else.

More
14 years 5 months ago #71462 by Yousuf
Replied by Yousuf on topic Increase max file upload size
Hello fiend

I just follow what you say and it was changed from 8mb to 50 mb but after SEO SETTINGS ENABLE it has auto changed from 50mb to 2M max upload  then you I reopen php.ini file and find upload size and it is 50m but not effective on k2 plz plz help

More
14 years 5 months ago #71463 by Xcantion
Replied by Xcantion on topic Increase max file upload size
I know this is a older thread but i have the sam eproblem .. i have increase max upload size from 2 -> 150M everything works with this but only k2 not ...
i have test with rename php.ini to php5.ini... but nothing works ... pls help

More
14 years 5 months ago #71464 by piperchick
Replied by piperchick on topic Increase max file upload size
Don't forget to increase your memory_limit. Mine is 62 mb, but you may want to go a bit higher if your max upload is 150.

topmaniac said:I know this is a older thread but i have the sam eproblem .. i have increase max upload size from 2 -> 150M everything works with this but only k2 not ... i have test with rename php.ini to php5.ini... but nothing works ... pls help

More
14 years 3 months ago #71465 by Gameinatrix
Replied by Gameinatrix on topic Increase max file upload size
Can someone provide a walk through on how to make these adjustments? Assume the reader here knows nothing and tell where to find the files to alter. I desperately need to be able to upload larger files without having to convert or break them up.

piperchick said:Don't forget to increase your memory_limit. Mine is 62 mb, but you may want to go a bit higher if your max upload is 150.
topmaniac said:I know this is a older thread but i have the sam eproblem .. i have increase max upload size from 2 -> 150M everything works with this but only k2 not ... i have test with rename php.ini to php5.ini... but nothing works ... pls help

More
14 years 2 months ago #71466 by that library
Replied by that library on topic Increase max file upload size
You need to locate the php.ini file - it is typically on the root of your server (i.e., in the public_html). You will most likely not be able to make changes to it on the server itself, so download it to your computer with an FTP program such as FileZilla, make the changes to max_upload_size and memory_limit. It will be necessary to change the permissions on the server (can do through FileZilla) - the CHMOD from 444 to 644 or 744 (enabling write access permissions) in order for you to upload your amended php.ini file.

Hope that helps (and remember to always make a backup of the original!)